• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Best Actor - Round 1 - Poll 1

Who do you prefer? 1 vs 2. 3 vs 4. 5 vs 6. 7 vs 8. 9 vs 10

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Impact

V.I.P.
The time has come for everyone to vote for who they think is the best actor. All actors in this poll were chosen from the Favourite Actors Draft so no bitching and moaning at me. As Wade won the draft, the 8 actors he picked will be entered in at a later stage. All actors were matched together randomly using Random.org List Generator.

So without further ado, the first matchups.

Johnny Depp vs. Jack Nicolson

Mickey Rourke vs. Clint Eastwood

Bradley Cooper vs. Marlon Brando

Kate Winslet vs. Ethan Hawke

Liam Neeson vs. Robert Picardo

Voting is the same as from Battle of the Bands

Wade8813

Registered Member
Are we allowed to vote for just some of the matchups? Or do we have to pick someone from each pairing?

Impact

V.I.P.
You can vote for just some of them. I mean, i'd prefer it if you voted for all of them but sometimes that's just not possible

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Nicholson over Depp. I'm not a huge fan of either of these actors, but I loved Jack's role in Few Good Men, and he did a great job portraying The Joker back in the day. He gets my vote over Depp.

Rourke over Eastwood. I never found Eastwood interesting. Don't get me wrong, he's been in some great movies, but I just find him rather boring to watch for a long period of time. Rourke hasn't made a lot of incredible movies, but he's a special talent in my book.

I liked Cooper in The Hangover, but he doesn't even compete against Brando. Brando was a great actor. I loved him in The Godfather, one of his most known roles of his career.

Winslet over Hawke. Winslet is arguably the best female actress we have today. She's made a lot of great movies, and she's won some oscars for some of her brilliant work. I thought she was great in Titanic.

I'm a sucker for Neelson movies, so he definitely gets my vote in the last match-up. I thought he was great in the A-Team.

Impact

V.I.P.
I went with Depp, Rourke, Cooper, Hawke and Neeson. Depp and Rourke are two of my favourite actors so that was easy. I went with Cooper because a) he's sexy as fuck b) he had kind of an unfair matchup and c) I only really enjoyed The Godfather that Brando was in whereas I really like a couple from Cooper. Hawke because Winslet annoys me and Neeson because I always enjoy watching him.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Johnny Depp vs. Jack Nicolson - I chose Jack Nicholson of course, because you can't get better than the roles he's played. Johnny Depp is amazing as well, but since I'm forced to pick, I go with my original favourite.

Mickey Rourke vs. Clint Eastwood - I have no clue who mickey rourke is, so I went with clint eastwood. He's a solid actor, and I love him in his westerns.

Bradley Cooper vs. Marlon Brando - I don't know who Marlon Brando is. I've obviously probably seen him before, but I can't put his name to a face. Bradley Cooper I know of, I can't name all his movies, but he's pretty solid as an actor.

Kate Winslet vs. Ethan Hawke - I went with Kate Winslet because I figured I should show some female love, and I also don't remember who Ethan Hawke is.

Liam Neeson vs. Robert Picardo - Who is Liam Neeson?

Konshentz

Konshentz
Johnny Depp OVER Jack Nicholson. This one was really close, Nicholson was great in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest & The Departed, but I had to deduct points for some terrible movies over the last decade. Depp gets the slight edge.

Mickey Rourke OVER Clint Eastwood. Kind of an upset pick, Eastwood is a legend but The Wrestler, Sin City and Killshot push Rourke to a pretty easy victory in my opinion.

Bradley Cooper OVER Marlon Brando. This one wasn't even close, Cooper starred in the funniest movie I've ever seen. Brando, eh, he starred in a decent mob flick and the rest, well, I was never interested in. I'm ready for the hate. Haha.

Ethan Hawke OVER Kate Winslett. Ehhh, I probably should've went with Winslett (she was amazing in Eternal Sunshine and was also really good in The Life of David Gale & Little Children) but I brought Hawke to the dance, I couldn't abandon him just yet. Haha. Plus, he was in Training Day - that movie is AWESOME.

Liam Neeson OVER Robert Picardo. Neeson has been very impressive lately... and I have no idea who the other guy is. Haha. Easiest vote of the first round.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Liam Neeson vs. Robert Picardo - Who is Liam Neeson?
Look at this funny guy making funny jokes like this! :lol: I lol'd at you pretending to not know who Liam Neeson is!

:shake: But for srs, I made you a gif:

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
ah, i know who that guy is, i just didn't know his name is Liam Neeson. Either way, I still pick Robert Picardo.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Johnny Depp vs. Jack Nicolson - Depp was in my list but I had to pick Jack over him. It was really fucking difficult. Both of these men are extremely talented but 'The Shining' and 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest' are just two great to ignore.

Mickey Rourke vs. Clint Eastwood
- Rourke because of 'Sin City' and 'The Wrestler'. Oh and he was also verrrry sexy in 'Nine 1/2 Weeks'. I wish he hadn't have ruined his FACE.

Bradley Cooper vs. Marlon Brando
- Brando. An easy choice because I had to Google the other dude. I do know who he is but not by name.
And I mean shit, Brando is The Godfather.

Kate Winslet vs. Ethan Hawke
- I went with Kate because she is more talented in my opinion.

Liam Neeson vs. Robert Picardo
- I didn't vote because I didn't recognise either of these by name. I would have voted Liam Neeson for his role in 'Taken'. I only ever saw the other guy in a film called 'Innerspace' and he had a short role.