Movies Best action star today?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who do you guys believe is the best action star in the movie business? An action star doesn't need to be a good actor, and personally I believe an action star is someone like these former great action stars.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger
-Jean Claude Van Damme
-Steven Seagal
-Sylvester Stallone
-Chuck Norris

And the list goes on.

So what are your thoughts?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
oh without a doubt

Jason Stathom.

I've seen every single movie he's released and to be honest the only one I felt was a little over the top was "in the name of the king". Outside of that flick, I'd say he's most definitely the top Action guy right now. Shoot the hype he's got I'd almost bet he's in the top 10, possibly top 5 all time action hero's already. Stathom is a bad ass and he plays it well.

The next guy on my list isnt necessarily a top actor just yet, but I think he may get his time in the top spot soon hopefully.

Vinnie Jones

I mean come on! Xmen 3 "I'm the juggernaut Bitch!" :hah: that was fuggin classic. He was also really good with Steve Austin (who was pretty awesome to) in the movie "The Condemned".

Wade8813

Registered Member
Christian Bale - He's actually a really good actor too, so I put him at the top of my list (and I said that about him before The Dark Knight was released - it's not just because I'm obsessed with TDK)

Jet Li - My favorite martial artist in movies today.

Jackie Chan - He's a close second to Li. Sometimes he's a little too silly, but often the humor adds to the movie.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
oh without a doubt

Jason Stathom.

I've seen every single movie he's released and to be honest the only one I felt was a little over the top was "in the name of the king". Outside of that flick, I'd say he's most definitely the top Action guy right now. Shoot the hype he's got I'd almost bet he's in the top 10, possibly top 5 all time action hero's already. Stathom is a bad ass and he plays it well.

The next guy on my list isnt necessarily a top actor just yet, but I think he may get his time in the top spot soon hopefully.
I agree with you here. Jason Statham is my favourite actor by far anyway, so of course i'm going to agree.:nod:

wolfheart

Registered Member
I would say Jackie Chan,his style may not be to everybody's taste,and his acting can be very ropey but for all out action he was an innovator.

You can see his influence in a lot of films,he pretty much changed the way a fight scene was shot,before him if the main guy was attacked it was only by one person, even in Bruce Lee's movies,he would have several people to fight but they would only step forward one at a time.

Jackie changed that by having multiple attackers at the same time,specially his work around the mid 80's,the choreography was simply amazing,add that to some very impressive stunts and you have the whole package.

Even some of his stunt's were mimicked by Hollywood,the one that springs into my my mind is the bus stunt from Police story made in 85,then recreated for 89 for Tango and Cash.

I do however think that there are a couple of guy's around who have the potential to be huge,Jason Statham being one of them.

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
I have to echo the sentiments of Jason Statham being a top action star. I just couldn't imagine anyone else doing the stunts in the Transporter series as well, plus his performances in Lock Stock and snatch were good too.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I agree with the people who said Jackie Chan. He is so awesome and always gets me excited when he's doing all his stunts. The fact he does his own stunts makes him all the more cool and more enjoyable to watch.

I do love Bruce Willis though.. I don't care how old he is or how long it's been since he last did an action film.
More Die Hard!!

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Arnold Schwarzenegger, I grew up watching his great movies and pretending I am him in every way, I always tune in if his movie is on, I just love his work.

Second is Jackie Chan, because I love all the martial arts and the fact that it's all real, no stunts. His movies with Chris Tucker and Owen Wilson were legendary.

wolfheart

Registered Member
Arnold Schwarzenegger, I grew up watching his great movies and pretending I am him in every way, I always tune in if his movie is on, I just love his work.

Second is Jackie Chan, because I love all the martial arts and the fact that it's all real, no stunts. His movies with Chris Tucker and Owen Wilson were legendary.

You should try to check out some of JC's earlier films,I agree that his movies with those two were good,but he had certain restraints put on the action by the studio's.
Have a look at Police story,Project A or Armour of God,those are some of his best movies,he was in his prime and the stunts were just sickeningly out of this world.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
You should try to check out some of JC's earlier films,I agree that his movies with those two were good,but he had certain restraints put on the action by the studio's.
Have a look at Police story,Project A or Armour of God,those are some of his best movies,he was in his prime and the stunts were just sickeningly out of this world.
Yeah yeah, I've seen those yet I found the Police Story a bit boring.

I watched the Medallion which he did a great job in as well as in Tuxedo.