• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Best Acapella You"ll Ever Hear

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I thought it was pretty cool.

Always amazing to see what the human voice is capable of.

dDave

V.I.P.
I really liked that first, one, I actually can't stand the song but the actual performance itself was great.

However, while calling this acapella it's important to take into account that they obviously were using headphones with a part (or the whole song, I don't know) playing into their ears, it's significantly easier not only to stay on perfect pitch but also perfect rhythm, I think that the most skillful type of acapella is groups singing live in just one cut.

YouTube - Take 6 - Star-Spangled Banner

or this one...

YouTube - Celtic Thunder - Danny Boy
The earpieces they wear are monitors speakers not the song.

Not to say that those other 2 above aren't amazing. But I'll bet it's a lot harder to do it live (I know somebody that does both).

On that first one I think that it's amazing to make your voice sound that much like an electric guitar, I'd swear it's a real one.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I really like Celtic Thunder. They've got quite a few songs where they drop all equipment and just sing like in this one. Big time Talents.

lol this one reminded me of Chaos for some reason :hah:

YouTube - The Vocal People

Theres a cool Michael Jackson part at 1:57

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sorry to bump this thread, but I just learned yesterday that one of my good friends went to Engineering School with this guy and became real good friends with him. Supposedly he's a really nice guy and he's Engineer genuis. He's one of the biggest Music guys in Canada right now, and he's currently working with Timberland.