Best Acapella You"ll Ever Hear

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mirage, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
    icegoat63 likes this.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I thought it was pretty cool.

Always amazing to see what the human voice is capable of.

Mirage likes this.
  3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I really liked that first, one, I actually can't stand the song but the actual performance itself was great.

However, while calling this acapella it's important to take into account that they obviously were using headphones with a part (or the whole song, I don't know) playing into their ears, it's significantly easier not only to stay on perfect pitch but also perfect rhythm, I think that the most skillful type of acapella is groups singing live in just one cut.

YouTube - Take 6 - Star-Spangled Banner

or this one...

YouTube - Celtic Thunder - Danny Boy
    The earpieces they wear are monitors speakers not the song.

Not to say that those other 2 above aren't amazing. But I'll bet it's a lot harder to do it live (I know somebody that does both).

On that first one I think that it's amazing to make your voice sound that much like an electric guitar, I'd swear it's a real one.

icegoat63 likes this.
  4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I really like Celtic Thunder. They've got quite a few songs where they drop all equipment and just sing like in this one. Big time Talents.

lol this one reminded me of Chaos for some reason :hah:

YouTube - The Vocal People

Theres a cool Michael Jackson part at 1:57

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Sorry to bump this thread, but I just learned yesterday that one of my good friends went to Engineering School with this guy and became real good friends with him. Supposedly he's a really nice guy and he's Engineer genuis. He's one of the biggest Music guys in Canada right now, and he's currently working with Timberland.