Best 3/4 in the Majors?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

If your not really clear about what 3/4 stands for then here it is, a 3/4 is the third and fourth hitter in your batting line up.

There's a lot of good and scary ones in the Majors. Which two do you think the pitchers fear the most?

Do you think the teams that have dangerous three four hitters have an advantage against other teams?

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

There are some good ones out there...notables include:

Yankees: A-Rod and Teixeira

Twins: Mauer and Morneau

Cardinals: Pujols and Holliday

Phillies: Utley and Howard

Brewers: Fielder and Braun

Asstros: Berkman and Carlos Lee

Cubs: D-Lee and Aramis Ramirez

Mets: Beltran and Bay

I'm doing those off the top of my head and I'm assuming they are the 3/4 guys...some of those guys might hit 2nd or 5th and if so I apologize.

I'm biased but I'll take the Cardinal two. Pujols is the best player in baseball and all Holliday does is hit .320, 30+homers and 120+ rbis everyday. I may have to do more research though.

3. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

If you're just looking at offensive production, I'd say Pujols/Holliday is the best, with A-Rod/Tex not far behind.

Having really good players is obviously better than not having really good players. What do you mean?

4. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

i agree its hard to argue against albert and holliday...

but like millz im highly biased...

i'll go with them as well

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I have to give it to Alex Rodriguez and Mark Texeira in my opinion, especially now that A-Rod showed he could be a clutch player.

But it's very close with two other big three/four players:

Morneau and Mauer put up incredible numbers this season and both players missed a lot of time due to injuries.

Pujols and Holliday, even though they haven't played a lot with each other, their still a scary force to face back to back. We should have a better indication this season though.