Best 1-2 punch?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Who do you think is the best duo in baseball? What I mean by duo is two players from the same starting line up that make the most impact. Thoughts and explanations.

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I am biased but I immediately think of the best player in baseball Albert Pujols and the newly acquired Matt Holliday. Both guys are capable of hitting .300, 30 hrs and 100 RBIs.

Oh and they both steal bases...Pujols has 16 steals this season.

I'll have to think about others...the Cardinals obviously are the first thing I think of haha.

3. Babe_Ruth

Well I mean this season Millz, Holliday just joined the Cardinals not to long ago so you cannot put him and Pujols together. It has to be two players that have played with each other all season. Sorry for not being more clear in the opening thread.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

What's the difference if they haven't been together all season though? When I think of best 1-2 punch I dont go and analyze their stats together...I look on the whole in regards to talent.

5. Babe_Ruth

The reason why is because I want to know who is the best 1-2 punch this season, during the whole year. Not just a few months or even less in playing with each other. Holliday and Pujols make a good one-two punch, but they aren't the best one-two punch of the year because they haven't played together all season. I guess I am basing this on stats of two players that have played together all season.