Best 1-2 punch in 2010

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by ajg1390, Jan 25, 2010.

1. ajg1390

ajg1390 New Member

Here are the best 1-2 punch in the majors this coming year.

1. Hernandez/Lee (Seattle)

2. Wainwright/Carpenter (St. Louis)

3. Lincecum/Cain (San Francisco)

4. Webb/Haren (Arizona)

5. Halladay/Hamels (Philadelphia)

6. Beckett/Lester/Lackey (Boston)

7. Peavy/Buehrle (Chicago)

8. Sabathia/Burnett (New York)

9. Weaver/Santana (Los Angeles)

10. Jurrjens/Hanson (Atlanta)

2. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Pretty good list. Nothing on it that jumps out that I disagree with.

Did you make it yourself, or find it somewhere?

3. SqueakScolari

SqueakScolari Registered Member

Good list, can't say I disagree with any of them. If King Felix and Lee hold up for Seattle, I can see the Mariners winning the West. They have made some great moves this off-season to put them in a position to compete.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Very good list, I think Hamels and Halladay will be a bit higher than fifth to be honest with you. I think Halladay will take Hamels under his wing like he did with Burnett in Toronto and make him into a "new" pitcher so to say. We all know that Hamels has the stuff to be one of the best pitchers, but he doesn't have the motivation it seems, well that was the same case with Burnett, but after a few years with Halladay Burnett change his aspect of the game won 20 games.

5. ajg1390

ajg1390 New Member

I put this list together myself. I'm a self-described baseball analyst and just a huge fan of the game.

6. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Last year I would have had Waino and Carp first but damn its hard to argue against King Felix and Cliff Lee. I like your list....well done.

7. Wade8813

Wow - took me a bit to figure out who "Waino and Carp" were supposed to be... :lol:

BR - while I wouldn't be surprised if Hamels turns it around soon (and Halladay being there will quite possibly help), it seems a bit pre-emptive to say it's going to happen, and going to happen fast enough to be a return to form in one season.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I didn't say it would only take one season, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did to be honest with you. I think everyone knows this, Hamels has to stuff to be an elite pitcher in this league, he just needs to put it all together and have a great teacher to help him along the way. If Hamels listens to Doc and let's Roy put him under his wing so to speak he'll show a major improvement this year or next.

9. ajg1390

ajg1390 New Member

I can see, not this year, but next year Halladay winning 20 games and Hamels winning 17+. Roy will be a great influence not only on Hamels, but on the whole pitching rotation.

10. Wade8813

Yeah, I'd say I agree with that. But since this list is for 2010, I thought you meant it'd take one season :).