• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Berger: 'Significant Rebuilding' on the Horizon for Nets

K

Kidd

Ken Berger, basketball writer for Newsday, says unless the Nets turn things around soon, like this week, expect Rod Thorn to begin a "significant rebuilding" with the Nets two to three years away from playing in Bruce Ratner's new--and very expensive--Brooklyn arena. Berger has no more answers than most pundits, but suggests "it's long past time for the Nets to wake up."
Source

C

Celtic Fan

of course they will need to rebuild.
VC is a free agent at the end of the year and I'm betting he doesn't stay in NJ.
soooooooo that will warrant a little tweaking of the team IMO.
Unless the team finds it's chemistry and makes it to the finals.. which right now is hard to see... but they have the potential to go on a run

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes they're struggling right now, but they have started really bad the past two seasons, and they still finished first in the Atlantic division. Yes I know that's not saying much because the Atlantic division was weak and still is, that's why I think this New Jersey team can still win this division. I don't see any big moves this season from this Nets team.

C

Celtic Fan

not only could they win the Atlantic, they should.
Boston is on a roll, but I don't think they can sustain it.
T.O. is looking good and the players they brought in are experienced and getting to know each other.
I think they'll have a strong 2nd half and could win or finish 2nd in the Atlantic so long as Bosh isn't gone too long

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NFL 5
K NFL 12
Millz NFL 13
Blueyes NFL 12
Millz NFL 54