• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bergdahl to Be Charged With Desertion

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who was held captive by enemy forces in Afghanistan for five years, will be charged with desertion, a senior defense officials tell NBC News. The officials say the charges could be referred within a week.

Bowe Bergdahl to Be Charged With Desertion, Officials Say - NBC News
I figured he would be, too much evidence that he did desert. Should have never made a prisoner exchange for him. He was captured, if he was, because of his own actions and caused others to be killed looking for him.

Thoughts?

Doc_Fearless

Registered Member
I'm not entirely sure we have the whole story here. Deserters do not get promoted yet he was promoted from Private to Sargent during his captivity after he left his post and the Army claims he left without any intentions to return... am I the only one who finds that odd?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I'm not entirely sure we have the whole story here. Deserters do not get promoted yet he was promoted from Private to Sargent during his captivity after he left his post and the Army claims he left without any intentions to return... am I the only one who finds that odd?
Nothing the US does ever makes any sense. If Americans new the true story about what their gov't was up to, they'd probably riot.

- Cham

dDave

V.I.P.
I hope the dude gets life in prison. He's caused so much trouble and pain.

Doesn't it just make everyone so happy that our president thought it would be a good idea to trade terrorists for this guy?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hope he does too, him deserting got several servicemen killed looking for him. Should have left him there.