Ben Wallace

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Orlando Sentinel - The name Ben Wallace is automatically associated with defense, strength and the Detroit Pistons , but is his time in the Motor City over?

According to a option piece in the Orlando Sentinel, it may well be. Wallace recently hired high powered agent Arn Tellem to represent him this summer in free agency, and according to reports is chasing a contract which will run into nine figures. Will the Pistons pony up that much for a guy who turns 32 in September? Wallace himself admits that a return to Detroit is no guarantee.

"Nothing in this league is automatic,'' Wallace said last week. "I was never supposed to leave Washington. I was supposed to retire in Orlando.

"Strange things happen. It's not automatic [that he will re-sign in Detroit]. You just never know what might happen

F

Forbidden

I don't think he will resign in Detroit. He's a great player, but that's crazy money for him to be resigned.

C

Couchpotato94

I'm a Big Ben fan, but hundreds of millions of dollars? He's not worth that.

Amir Johnson or Jason Maxiell. :D

M

mattdavies_03

Nine figures is $123,456,789 - the hundreds of millions, not billions.

Anyways, I think if the Pistons don't offer him over $100,000,000, then he will leave, he's got a ring, hes got 5 defensive titles, I think he may have accomplished all he needed to in Detroit. Other places I'd like to see him, and where he would make a definate impact - Lakers, Golden State, Minnesota, Atlanta, Boston and Phoenix

S

scottmcgrady

Well Ben Wallace is one of the greatest defensive players to ever play basketball and if he went on any team, he could help them. I would like to see him go to another team but a team that needs a superstar, a team that struggles. He has nothing going for him in Detroit now because if they stay together, someone soon will most likely get injured or older and either will mess up their team chemistry so it's better to start now. Detroit won't get better in the years to come and if they do i would be surprised because injuries will definitely hurt them as a team. Ben Wallace would fit in to any team because he doesn't need the ball so he can do anything on the court and be happy.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I personally think is days in Detroit are numbered, like couch potato said Jason Maxiell is suppose to be the next Ben Wallace in a way. Also that's a lot of money especially that he is turning 32 very shortly. I am sure whereever he goes he will help a team. But it's gonig to be weird seeing him in a different uniform.

P

Panic

Tracy McGrady said:
Man i sure hope he goes to the wizards again. We need a big man down here.
No way :eek: The wizards already have Arenas, Butler and Jamison taking up a huge portion of their salary cap, why would they want another guy who takes up huge amounts of cap space.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah there's no way that Wallace will be going to the Wizards, I have a feeling that he's going to a team that hasn't had lots of success recently and hasn't made the playoffs for awhile, that saved a lot of money on the cap space. I don't really know who, but that's what I think is going to happen.