Ben Wallace wins Defensive Player of the Year??

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well it's not official yet, but when they're reporting this topic like crazy, I am pretty sure he'll win it, and he will be announced as the winner pretty soon. If he wins it again it will be is fourth time, and he will be the only player in NBA history to win this award four time. Congratulations you deserve it.

S

scottmcgrady

I wouldn't be mad or disappointed if he got it because he deserves it so much and creates alot of fear when people are going to the basket. I hope he gets it and I hope he keeps his defensive work ethic up!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is the sixth year that he got 100 blocks and steals during the season which is crazy and unheard of. I hope he wins it and hopefully he'll win it for years to come. Pretty good for an un-drafted player.

S

scottmcgrady

Yeah pretty good for an un drafted player. I was watching the Cleveland @ Detroit game last night and the commentators where talking about Ben Wallace's tough time and it made me realize how amazing he actually is coming through everything he did (development leagues, European leagues etc.) He surely deserves it!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah and he got signed by the Orlando MAgics and was involved in the Grant Hill trade, and now look who's the better player lol, even though if Hill was healthy he wouldn't have a bigger impact on the Magic like Ben Wallace has had on the Pistons

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Now I haven't been keeping up with the Pistons too much, but from most of the games I watched, Ben's been pretty good. not necessarily in blocks, but rebounding and plain old defense