• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ben Roethlisberger

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ben Roethlisberger has thrown 12 TD's in past 2 weeks.

He is fun to watch. It's crazy to say the guy is underrated with two rings, but I really feel like he is underrated, or at least overshadowed by some of the great QBs that have been around for most, if not all of his career.

That's also 12 TDs against two really good teams.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I know no Steelers fans want to hear this comparison but they remind me of the 2012 Ravens with how they just slowly got better and by the end of the year no one wanted to play them.

willge87

Registered Member
I think the reason he gets underrated a bit is because when you think of Steelers football you think defense and punishing running game. You don't commonly associate a finesse passing game. That has started to change, but it will take time for that to be acknowledged I think.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
I think he's an elite QB and not just because of these last two games. He's been consistently playing well for the past few seasons. He always comes through in the 4th quarter, no matter the weather and has two rings to back it up. Has a huge arm, great accuracy, can escape pressure, and makes plays. He's a winner. An elite QB.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I'd actually say the opposite. He's not a bad QB, but there are a lot of things that make people overrate him. Winning rings doesn't make someone good - it makes their team good (although it may not even mean that; it might just mean the team was decent and got lucky).

A large part of his TDs come from the fact that his team only has 3 rushing TDs. That doesn't make him better and his running backs worse; it just means they happened to pass into the end zone. Also, the Colts have a really good offense, but not that good of a defense. Plus, games with that high of a score often means that both teams' defenses were so bad, their offense got more chances.