• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ben Affleck is Batman for 'Man of Steel' Sequel

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
"Ben Affleck will join Henry Cavill in Warner Bros.' Man of Steel sequel, the studio announced on Thursday.
The project was announced at Comic-Con earlier this year, prompting much speculation surrounding who would play the caped crusader. Zack Snyder is back in the director's chair for the project, which places Batman and Superman together on the big screen for the first time."

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ben ... man-612907

Thoughts

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Thank god it is not a stand alone Batman movie. That I would be furious about. Playing Batman in a Superman movie... I'm fine with. Then again, let's hope this is not a role that leads into a Justice League movie starring Affleck.

I'm still furious that someone was dumb enough to hire Ben Affleck to play freakin' Batman. This the most absurd casting I've ever seen in my entire life. He has no credibility whatsoever. It's like asking Jim Herd to run WWE instead of the McMahons. It just doesn't work.

MDougy7

I read they are going for an "Older, More wise and scarred crime fighter" than superman if thats the case, it doesnt sound to bad! I will admit im worried about it. But when Affleck has good writing and directing with him he puts together a good act. I.E. Good will hunting, The Town, Argo (coincidentally he directed)

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Heath was the best Joker since Jack! (I hope someone catches it) I was a Heath fan since A Night's Tale so I loved the Joker casting.

Affleck has had some pretty bad movies. Some really good ones. People are just scared of the bad ones. Give him a chance. He won awards for a reason, right? I hope he goes O'Bannion on Superman's ass! (Metaphorically)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Crypticshock said:
Affleck has had some pretty bad movies. Some really good ones. People are just scared of the bad ones. Give him a chance. He won awards for a reason, right? I hope he goes O'Bannion on Superman's ass! (Metaphorically)
Since you mention it. It's interesting to look at this from Affleck's angle too. He's come back from a career that was headed towards the toilet and became one of the most respected directors working, along with his acting in those movies. Now he goes back to a comic book role.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Affleck is just a whipping boy for some people. Some of them don't even know why. People always over react about the dumbest shit. Let it play out, you never know. I bet anyone that any actor that was cast in a popular "comic hero" has been chastised before even recording a single second. Batman, Joker, Superman, Thor, Hulk, Spider-man... it's a very long list. Many of them that have been chastised for being picked for the role end up being "the best ______ ever!". Humans... Such a pathetic race of whining babies!

Sabby

I think Affleck is going to nail it. I was hoping for Jon Hamm, but I supposed Warner wanted an A-Lister for the role. Apparently, Affleck is signed up for multiple films, so he better nail this part or fanboys are gonna call for his head