• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Being Spoiled By Technology

ILuvChuzzles31

Registered Member
With all kinds of new technology and new inventions coming out all the time
do you believe the people of this day are "spoiled" by them?

If there is a product that you believe we are spoiled by what is it and why?
Do you believe a lot of the new technolgy and inventions if we had to do without we could?

Do you personally have all the modern stuff that was not around will say
within the last 150 yrs?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would say I have a lot of stuff that wasn't around in the last 150 years. I also have some stuff that was around 100 years ago.

I think a lot of people would have problems doing without modern technology and they would probably die without it. They would have to get use to doing things the way their grand parents or great grand parents did. I don't see anyone getting behind a horse drawn plow to plant a garden or cooking on a wood burning cook stove. Yes tractors are modern technology too, some are even GPS guided with computers on board.

If it was just a question of doing without internet or TV's I think most would get used to it after awhile. However when you add electric, cars, modern medicine and other modern conveniences some would off themselves because they couldn't take it.

ILuvChuzzles31

Registered Member
We're not only spoiled by it but we would complain, moan and groan if we didn't have it either.

Still those that don't have whatever of new technology can't say they would miss it if they never had it to begin with.
Those of yesteryear would say and you know you are spoiled and you don't know what the meaning of work is, and you're just lazy..

Anyone that may have their power turned off must go crazy when they don't have their technology working for them.

Boy the modern conveniences of of microwaves, convection ovens, TV, pc, phones,washing machines, etc etc..
I personally could actually live without all this if I had to.. I wonder what it would be like to have lived 150 yrs ago in 1864 :-/

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
There was a ice storm and a power out that lasted for a whole week here. No TV or internet so no entertainment or games and no way to know whats happening. And no lights and nobody could cook. It was really scary.
The worst part it was dark at night and no noise. It was like living in a haunted house. I did have my media player the first day but the battery didnt last very long and no place to recharge.

I know I wouldnt wanna lose all the tech. Almost all my books, phone numbers, projects, and almost everything else are on my pc, tablet, and my phone. And all the music and movies and stuff are on DVDs. Its like the whole world stops when the power goes out.

There were things to do later like putting food on ice, using the BBQ to cook (the roads were blocked with huge limbs so couldnt eat out), and stacking chopped up tree limbs but I wouldnt wanna do it again. I celebrated when the power came back on!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
There was a ice storm and a power out that lasted for a whole week here. No TV or internet so no entertainment or games and no way to know whats happening. And no lights and nobody could cook. It was really scary.
The worst part it was dark at night and no noise. It was like living in a haunted house. I did have my media player the first day but the battery didnt last very long and no place to recharge.

I know I wouldnt wanna lose all the tech. Almost all my books, phone numbers, projects, and almost everything else are on my pc, tablet, and my phone. And all the music and movies and stuff are on DVDs. Its like the whole world stops when the power goes out.

There were things to do later like putting food on ice, using the BBQ to cook (the roads were blocked with huge limbs so couldnt eat out), and stacking chopped up tree limbs but I wouldnt wanna do it again. I celebrated when the power came back on!
I went through the same thing for 4 days over a ice storm. It was miserable trying to cook over a fire in the back yard, no TV, computer or anything. It was really cold during the outage too. I also celebrated when the power came back on.

Don't know what you've got until its gone.