Being sick often

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Windwhisperer, May 23, 2010.

1. Windwhisperer

Windwhisperer Registered Member

For the last 6 months,on average i have been sick every 2 weeks.. Ranging from flus, ear infections, colds,fainting bladder infections and stomach bugs. Its become very tedious. The last time I went to the doctor, he said its probably related to stress as my immune system is low as well as my blood pressure.stress seems logical since my home situation is really horrible at the moment. I work with kids so being around them when im sick makes me feel so guilty.. But not going to work ALSO makes me feel guilty because then they have to find fill ins for me which I know is difficult.. And the fact that this happened number of times before im worried my health is putting my job in danger. I just informed work i cant come in today because im coughing my lungs out and my nose is a permanent snot factory. I did tell them to let me know if i must come in later if need be.I didnt get the friendliest of replies. Should I phone my boss today and maybe explain to her my situation? Let her know that I know it must be annoying and suspicious that I keep getting sick but i am trying to sort it out? And that my doc said its related to my stress?

2. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I think the best course of action would be to explain in to your boss. Perhaps get a note from your doctor to explain that you aren't making it up, and it is in fact stress related. It can't hurt to explain yourself. If it looks suspicious to you, then it will more than likely look suspicious to your boss as well.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

What do you do for a job?

4. Windwhisperer

Ya ive been thinking of calling my boss. Although she is not their often.. She is the one I should explain to. I work with kids who have Autism. These kids already have low immune systems as it is so they get sick very easily.

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Start with simple things like an increase in vitamin C in your diet to strengthen your immune system.

6. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

What Constantine said + a daily probiotic drink or yogurt wouldn't hurt since your immune system seems to be weak.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Get a note from your doctor to support what you'd be telling your boss. The others already said about Vit C, has the doctor advised you anything else to deal with it or to avoid more days of calling in sick?

8. Windwhisperer

Im going to the doctor this afternoon. So ill find out then. Thanx guys