• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Being ripped off at a carnival

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
I'm sure a lot of you have been ripped off at fairs.

What I experienced is not any different. Back in 2005 after my 21st birthday, I went to the fair to have a good time. Back in the early days, the fair had more rides:lick:, but now, they have a lot less, probably due to the economy:(. Anyway, I went up to the ticket booth to get a $10 wrist band for the rides. However, even though I had enough money, I didn't have any 10's. So I took out a 20 and asked for a $10 wrist band; unfortunately, she gave me $20 wrist-band instead:mad:. I told her clearly that I wanted a $10 wrist band, but did she listen to me? NO!:rant: No matter how many times I told her, she told me that the sale was final!:rant: Man, that ticked me off so much that I made it the last time going to the fair...EVER!!!!:rant:

dDave

V.I.P.
I honestly can't say I've been ripped off at a fair. I've been to just a couple. Sure, we've got the obviously overpriced food but that's expected.

I generally try to avoid fairs though. I hate crowds, especially when I'm not required to be there.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
If you don't want to be ripped off, don't go to carnivals. People at carnivals are actually trained to rip you off, it's basically part of the whole experience now. You expect it because it's bound to happen. They rig most of those games so you can't win, or can hardly ever win.

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
I never played carnival games, but at a free Christmas carnival, I did encounter a barker who tried to coax me into playing a game.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Carnies have a reputation for scamming, lol, but it's never happened to me. I think most people are raised to expect it these days and proceed with caution.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Never been ripped off because I barely ever play games at carnivals and if I do, it's usually for fun not because I want to win something, it would be nice to it's impossible so I don't try my hardest. It's all in the good fun.

Reminds me of the Simpsons carnie episode.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've never been ripped off that I know of but I only play the games for fun and won't spend much money on winning their cheap crap. The rides I get on rarely, mostly there just to look around, socialize and eat cotton candy.

Wade8813

Registered Member
As far as I know, I've never been ripped of at a carnival, although I haven't gone to very many (if you don't count ones done at a church or school)

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
As far as I know, I've never been ripped of at a carnival, although I haven't gone to very many (if you don't count ones done at a church or school)
That's because they never rip you off, you rip them off!:nod::lol:

ATARIGUY

Beermister
I have never been ripped off at a fair and I enjoy going to them but I refuse to go on any rides because the fair people put them together to fast and they do not look safe.