• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Being In Love

Dabs

Registered Member
Have you ever had the pleasure of being in love??
Or do you think you have yet to experience that feeling??
Have you been in love, only to have the relationship sour, and now you feel like you might never find it again??
Are you still looking for your special love??
And.....do you think you will ever find it, if you haven't already??

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
oh geez, more times than I can count. I fall in love pretty easily, and it's fun when you'e in the thick of it, but it sucks when it doesn't work out.

So far it hasn't worked out for me. Will I ever find it again? Probably, but part of me hopes not, because I don't want to lose something that was once special to me ever again. It hurts too much.

penzey4

Registered Member
I have been in love with the same guy since i was 13.......its a rocky kind of love. but its worth it so far.
i think the hardest part about being in love for so long it makes you wonder whether or not someone else could actually love you with all of your quirks and things.
plus growing up together we kind of help mold each other into the partners we wanted or thought we wanted since we were the biggest influences in our lives.

so to answer your question......yes ive been in love, things have gotten more complicated but not sour, and i dont know if this is my special love but i dont go looking for any other. :D

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I am currently in love, it might sound silly considering I am 17 at the moment and I have been with this girl for the last 11 and half months and things have been pretty great.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I've been in love with the same person for the last 9 years. Each day when I wake up he is the first person in my thoughts and the last person in my thoughts before I go to sleep at night.
I've never known anyone as amazing as him and I hope we can grow old together.

I don't think I could ever feel like this about anybody else. I know he will be my husband one day and the father of my children.

Everyone deserves to experience this feeling.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Not as such, no. I thought so once a good few years ago, but now I know better.

I've never felt like I'm in any rush either, because I don't plan on it happening too many times. :D

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought I was in love on two separate occasions...

I'm pretty sure I wasn't in love with the first one but still think it's possible that I was with the second.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Biz as never been in love, I know it doesn't shock a lot of people because of my lifestyle, but I'm honestly looking. I'm currently "seeing" someone, if you want to call it that. Do I believe that she'll be the one? Who knows, only time will tell.

Dabs

Registered Member
I have been married twice and well.....divorced twice.
The first one I can definitely say I wasn't in love with him....it was just the way things happened.
I thought I loved hubby two...maybe I did, but it went kapoot, we were completely opposite people.
Funny thing is, after we divorced in 1997, we got back together...and lived together for a few years.....till 2008 actually.
But, it just wasn't there......the feelings I did have, are gone.....but we are great friends now!
We have cook-outs together, he is redecorating his house and I help him paint the walls and he likes my designer taste *haha*....we were just meant to be friends.
And it's great since our son lives in the same town.....he doesn't have feuding parents that can't get along.
But, am I sounding silly if I say...at my age, I honestly think I haven't ever really felt what it's like to be in love.
I have loved someone a lot.....but not sure if my 'in love' feelings.....have ever, or ever will for that matter.....take a place in my life~

Tucker

Lion Rampant
If you would include unilaterally, then like Jeanie, I literally can't count the times. Falling's what Tuckers do best! (Honestly, though, I wouldn't say it's always a pleasure. :lol:)

Have you been in love, only to have the relationship sour, and now you feel like you might never find it again??
I can't really say that concepts along the lines of striking out forever have ever found a home in my thoughts. I mean, I live right butted up to Los Angeles, you know? The streets are full of single ladies and it's a rare day when I don't exchange mild pleasantries with one or two. I never much looked for love; it found me with a vengeance. The fear that developed from my experiences, after no less than three mismatched marriages under my belt by the time I was 21, was that I would continue forever that same pattern of recklessly taking a so-called 'life partner' who would eventually turn out to be not quite the ticket for me.

Are you still looking for your special love??
Mais non, I am not. My bouncing hot potato heart finally (and thankfully) wedged itself too tight into a corner, where I can be content in a sense now to just leave it lie and forget it. Hallelujah.