Being Competitive

Discussion in 'Cards & Board Games' started by lavoidgaskins, Jul 8, 2006.

1. lavoidgaskins

lavoidgaskins Registered Member

Being Competitive is a major part of this game. How ever some may feel that there is a limit that is to be cross and a limit that isn't. What would you say it is?

2. Kos4Evr

Kos4Evr Registered Member

I feel that it is important to be competitive, but I do not feel that every deck has to come out of a certain mold to be labelled as competitive. I would rather try out an overlooked concept than play all of the most competitive cards currently available. As a lot more people are seeing lately, not all of the cards that have been seeing play in every deck truely need to be in every deck.

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I think it doesn't really matter as long as you have fun. It's a freaking card game. There's no need to beat yourself up over it.

4. lavoidgaskins

I personally have tried many different deck types, but find Chaos to be most competitive. It may be due to the continuous use of Chaos, but w.e I guess.

5. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

As long as you can built a deck that your happy with and have people to play then thats competition enough. entering tournaments and winning or top 8 is a bonus. its a great game thats fun, allows you to build great thinking skills, and allows you to meet new people.

but anyone that's only intent on winning in the game needs to re-evaluate their way of thinking....it is only a game meant as a hobby.

6. lavoidgaskins

The way you and me see things so differntly is amazing Turbo. Making top 8 is the main focus. How can you say you are being competative if you enter an event and loss? That is not competative. Oh and since you brung up meeting people you could post in the thread I made about meeting people.

7. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

if you enter an event you gain much more than winning....you learn flaws in your own deck, you learn new combos and tech cards from your opponents as well as those playing around you. so there is more to competition then winning.

8. lavoidgaskins

Okie you gain experience. I'm not going to lie that is very important. But it's also important to use your money and time wisely. An averge event cost $15-$20. If you don't win any thing then you lost tha tmoney out of your pocket. Plus if you don't learn or meet any one then it was a waste.