Being checked out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This is mostly for the ladies of the forums. I was wondering if you mind being checked out by people around your age, or for the older ladies of the forums lets say people from my age(24) and up.

Now what I mean by checked out, just a quick up and down glance, only lasting about five seconds.

It doesn't matter if your single or seeing someone, doesn't matter what the guy looks like either, he could be hot or ugly.

Guys can answer this as well, but it's more common for the girls.

2. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

haha, Funny you should mention this but we had a few people over last evening and were discussing the same exact thing.

I don't mind being "checked out" at as long as they don't stare, if you know what I mean? We're all guilty of looking!, lol. but I think there's a polite way of doing it and an obnoxious way of doing it. My husband's pretty laid back about it when we are out (he's younger than me- I just turned 34 in November), he says he feels proud rather than jealous but the other guy that was here last night said he cannot stand when his girlfriend is being "checked out". She, too, agreed that there's a right way of looking at someone and wrong way and doesn't mind if it's done in a subtle way.

I also don't mind when my husband's beeing checked out, I know who he's coming home with / to at the end of the night. ;)

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

5 seconds is a pretty long time. haha
    Anything over 2 seconds, the girl will most likely notice. :shifteyes:

4. k3rm0r

k3rm0r Registered Member

I always check out girl. Never gotten a angry look or something back. But i guess it depends on how u do it.

5. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

5 seconds is a hell of a long time to be 'checked out'.

I don't mind anybody checking me out, doesn't really bother me to be honest and I spend most of my nights out checking women out anyway.

6. LifeinthePond

LifeinthePond Mark ov teh Pond

Haha, I'll be honest when I say I don't really understand the thread. Most people call attention to themselves by what they wear, or if you work out on a daily basis it's going to get noticed. If those are not the cases, then you probably got the not-so-pleasant type of creeper.

How do you know if you're being checked out, anyways? You take a look around and notice eyes dart from your junk to a random obscure item near you? They notice you watching them and they scan your body with their eyes and flash a cute smile? Maybe even a wink.

I don't even pay attention to other people when I am out and about. If I am being checked out, I would be flattered either way. Maybe not by someone real old, or real young but eh, you don't get to decide.

When is it okay? When is not okay? The majority of my friends are female, and they "check me out" all the time in the playful and complimentary way.

I don't know, man. I don't understand the premise of it - it sounds like it would be OK if you're walking through a mall and someone in your age range gives you a quick look over. It's not okay when you're serving coffee in a bingo hall and grandma decides you look a lot better than the guy she's sitting next to? It's OK if you're out fishing and some bikini babes roll on by and whistle at you? It's not okay if you're 24 and your teenage sister's friends walk by your open bedroom and have a glance?

I don't see how one can have much of an opinion on the matter. If someone notices me, hey, thank you. I am alive and yes, I am capable of having sex. Just not with you.

7. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't really care if the girl sees me checking her out, I'd stare at her while she is staring back, if she turns her glance away, I'll continue staring. :D

As for being checked out, I love it :D

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

It depends really on the person doing it. Sometimes it can be flattering but sometimes it can come across as creepy. I also feel safer if I'm not alone when the checking out is done.

9. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't mind being checked out. If i'm interested in person who's checking me out, then it's all good ... :lol:
    I agree with Ys: It depends on the person.

10. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah, it really does depend on the person checking you out. If it's someone my age, or just someone I think is attractive, it's flattering, but if it's like, some 50 year old dude, and it's in a creepy way, then it's just weird. Most of the time I don't mind though, and if I catch a guy at it, i'll do the same back, really obviously.