• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Being around people

Bliss

Sally Twit
Do you like to be surrounded by people as often as possible, or do you prefer to spend most of your time alone?

I like my alone time and I like being with a small group, rather than a large group. I'd much prefer to be with one other person as I find it easier to talk.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I dont really like crowds of people, I prefer small groups.
I love my own space, being on my own, even for just a few hours clears out my head, but being a parent I dont get as much alone time as I would like.

If I really need to be own my own I go fishing, or if I cannot get away to do that I take a slow walk around the block late at night to get some me time.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I like being on my own, or with 1 other person, or with a bigger group of people. My least favourite group size is somewhere in the middle, so say 4 or 5 people. Don't know why really. I'm definitely much more likely to be myself with just one person compared to a small group of 2 or 3 if I've only just met them.

But anyway yeah, I do like alone time but I start to feel weird if I spend too long by myself.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I like being on my own. I can spend time in large groups of people but after a while I find myself just wanting to escape to a nice quiet room on my own.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I like to be around people, but not like a large group, maybe just a few friends. I get claustrophobic if I'm around a a large group of people for too long. If I really want to be alone, I grab my iPod and skateboard, put my dog on a leash and just go to the park. It's super close to the river, so its a perfect place to just sit and clear your head.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I like being around people it's more fun then being alone that's for sure. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my alone time like the next person but being around friends is so much better. You laugh, you tell old stories, it's just a general good time.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I enjoy the best of both worlds to be honest. I am around people alllll the time at work and I quite enjoy it. I also really like my alone time though. When I get home after a long day I really like hanging out and lounging around by myself. Relaxes me.

I have noticed that when I'm by myself for too long I get anxious and antsy though.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I enjoy being alone, but not for really long periods of time. After a day or two I start getting really lonely if I have nobody else to talk to. Small groups are also nice, like one or two other people. I don't care for larger groups.

Impact

V.I.P.
I like a mix of the two, but probably more weighing in favour of alone time, or with one person i'm super comfortable around. Like Echoes mentioned, if it's more than a couple days alone then I get lonely, but at the same time if it's more than a couple days around people all the time, then I crave alone time. At the moment I have absolutely no alone time, and it's driving me crazy. Although, staying up til stupid o'clock in the morning means only one other person is awake, and i'm comfortable around them so it's kinda like being alone.

Starfire86

Registered Member
The size of the crowd doesn't bother me as much as the setting. Public places don't bother me, but I abhor being at parties, especially if I don't know many people there. I start to get anxious and usually just end up leaving.