Being a taxi

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Windwhisperer, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Windwhisperer

Windwhisperer Registered Member

I am so frustrated. My brother is 19 and still hasnt gotten his licence so STILL asks for lifts ALL THE TIME. I get upset and he says "You can say no if you want to." Then when I do, he throws a hissy fit and calls me selfish.

I now have to take him AGAIN to his friends house this afternoon. :sigh: Grrrrrr

2. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

That's what happenes when you can't be independent and have a car of your own.
    It's frustrating. Either being a "taxi" or waiting for the "taxi".

3. Windwhisperer

Windwhisperer Registered Member

Guess thats true but I feel I am being taken advantage of most of the time.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It use to happen to me all the time when I was around 20-22 years old, I gave rides to everyone and most of the time it didn't bother me, but by the end I was getting a little fed up about it.

But in the end everything worked out well since the two guys that I gave the most rides to got their licence and drove me around when they got a car.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Does he give you any money for gas? I drive people around a lot too when I'm home, but I don't pay for the petrol so I don't mind it at all.

When is he planning on getting his licence, any time soon?

6. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

Luckily I never had this problem with friends or my siblings.
    ...With my friends most of us drove so taking turns was never a problem and as far as my siblings go 3 of us had our license / own cars and the 3 youngest always had our parents to rely on.

I'd say that if it bothers you that much, just start asking him for gas money. :)

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

He has to understand that this is just beyond you driving him. You pay for gas, and driving him to places takes away time you can use to do stuff for yourself. Er, well, unless you weren't really doing anything :lol:.

8. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Call him on it. If he says you can say "no", remind him of that the next time he throws a hissy fit.

Also, if you're going out of your way all the time, ask him to chip in for gas money.

9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

He's the one who's being selfish by expecting you to drop everything and drive him.

Just start charging him for gas and maybe throw in a small "taxi fee". Surely he won't call you selfish for not wanting to spend your own money to drive him around town..

10. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I don't mind giving people lifts to places. I don't ask for petrol money unless its a long trip. Usually people offer me money for petrol. So I don't mind that either.

Luckily my brother has his own car and can drive :D

However, there was one time that a friend of mine phoned me at around midnight asking for a lift and I told her to GTFO as I was in bed.