being a Chameleon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by icegoat63, Nov 13, 2008.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Im growing my hair back for the winter and thus have been getting quite a few mentions about how I look much different than I did with it shaved. All the comments have got me wondering, if I were going all vigilante and needed to go undercover from people who have only seen a few pics of me, I could probably just shave my head to lose some "heat".

So heres the question; Say you're running from the law and you need to change your appearance. How far would you go to do just that?

2. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I sure as heck wouldn't shave my hair off and even cutting it would be iffy on my part because I hate short hair lol Now coloring it, hmm maybe but I wouldn't do red.

AeonFlux likes this.
  3. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

Considering I've shaved my head to the bone, I've had it way past my shoulders. I've gone from natural brown to all blond to blond highlights. I have just about every style of beard you can think of, and since my facial hair grows so fast, I still change styles all the time, from beards, goatees to clean shaven every day... I don't follow clothing trends, I just wear whatever takes my fancy. It's hard for me to go for an appearance that the local law would not recognise.
    If you've ever read/watched Wind In The Willows..:
    I'd even do a Mr. Toad and dress as a Washer Lady [only for being on the run].
    [​IMG]

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Most likely anything that doesn't involve cosmetic surgery or permanent alteration. But who knows, if you're really desperate to run away from law enforcement and be incognito, you might consider equally desperate measures if you have the means to do it.

5. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

I've been growing in a beard and apparantly it makes me look totally different so I'd either let it grow or shave it depending on what state I was in at time of said crime.

6. Wednesday

Wednesday Registered Member

Id dye and cut my hair...slap enough make up so i have an extra 3 inches to my face....get some shoulder pads, shades...and pretend im joan collins...easy

7. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

I have shoulder length hair so Im sure a lot could be done to make me look different. Facial hair could easily be arranged with a few days notice. I have quite distinguishable eyes and would need contacts or a pair of glasses to alter them as they would be a dead give away. Maybe a few weeks in the sun to rid me of the whiter than white complextion.

I reckon given a month I could also change my stature. Im kind of average so it would not be hard to stuff my face with cake, so the lbs would soon start distorting my figure. Equally I could do the opposite and train or push weights to go slight or buff.(cake option sounds nicer!)

Cosmetic surgery would not be necessary, it is a big alteration to make and would have to be a significant amount to have any real difference. I think there are a lot easier measures to simply disappear. Unless Im in subsahara Africa, or the heart of China it would not be hard to disguise a 6ft white male.

8. Dali

Dali Registered Member

I am very used to changing my appearance and just a change of hair color can make me look so different, also I am good at make up so I can make myself look quite a bit different if I wanted to. As far as changing my appearance if I was running from the law, depending how much money I had I might consider having some sort of surgery, but pretty much a change of hair and make up should do the trick, also a change of accent would be good too!

9. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

I'd grow my hair longer, probably dye it blonde.

I'd also grow a beard, maybe change my dress appearance too.

10. RATTIE

RATTIE Registered Member

I can easily pass myself off as a boy.
    It's been known to happen in the past without trying. :-/

...............think I'll keep growing my hair!

English-Emo-Boy likes this.