• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Beijing Get Drummers...

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Beijings drummers were impressive, but a little creepy. So uniformed and controlled. If that's what their drummers are like imagine what their army would be like. Countryside sounds like it could be cool.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I dunno, thousands of people in a echoing stadium with music and a mosh pit? Smells like a whole lotta cow-pat to me!

You could get some of Britain's top bands to collab a song and get street dancers to dance along and it'd probably cost less.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow...that is going to be beautiful. Very expensive though, maybe it will bring in more money than it cost since its so original.

I guess after the opening it gets torn down?

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Pretty much.

They should light a pile of tax payers money on fire if they're going to waste it on that. Either that or just two old ladies drinking tea if they want to show off 'Britishness'.

wooly

I am the woolrus
just two old ladies drinking tea if they want to show off 'Britishness'.
Haha, i would definitely go for that! Nothing else in the stadium. Just two old ladies drinking tea and watching an episode of Eastenders... It would definitely stick in people's memories!! :p

As for this countryside thing... It's ambitious and definitely unique, two good things! but on the downside... it just looks a bit shite! However, i'm sure there's going to be a LOT more going on when the time comes than "look, this is what an english countryside looks like". There will definitely be an element of 'spectacular' mixed in somehow!

.....i hope.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
If they wanted to show off the Countryside they should have held the games up North, but nooo, London has to get everything.

Farm animals aren't that interesting; I've been on a train for seven hours with nothing but sheep to look at the entire way. Lambs stop looking cute after five minutes.