• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Beer On Sunday

Dabs

Registered Member
Not sure how it is in other parts of the world, but here in the USA, some states are 'dry' states, they do not allow beer/alcohol sales on Sunday.
So most smart people stock up on Saturday *ha*
So the talk is now, they are trying to get a new law thru, that will allow all states to start selling beer on Sundays....
I don't have a problem with it, because not being able to sell the beer on Sunday isn't stopping anyone from drinking on Sunday, like I said, they purchase their beer earlier.
And also, Sunday is when most sports are played, people want their beer damnit ~LoL~
So, what are your thoughts??

Daemonic

Registered Member
I don't see a problem with is...

Some states have stupid laws in general though. If I remember correctly when I lived in WI you couldn't buy any alcohol other than beer after 9pm.

That was so stupid...

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
In Texas you are allowed to buy beer on Sundays after noon.

I personally don't think there should be any restrictions in regards to when you can or cannot buy beer/wine/liquor.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I think it's after noon on Sunay, or after 2 maybe. Something really bizarre and stupid.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
In Texas you are allowed to buy beer on Sundays after noon.

I personally don't think there should be any restrictions in regards to when you can or cannot buy beer/wine/liquor.
Echo what she said. I buy beer all the time on Sundays, unfortanely we can not buy any liquor on Sunday's which really sucks.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't think we have any alcohol sales laws for Sundays in Illinois. Most stores here stop selling at midnight every night though. I don't think it's a state law though, because there are some liquor stores that are open later. I just don't understand restricting when alcohol can be purchased.

Konshentz

Konshentz
No laws in VT for Sunday. Some stores around where I live won't sell after 11:30 PM. I guess I'm fine with that, but I'm glad we don't have certain days restricted or anything crazy like that.