Movies Bedtime Stories

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Nightsurfer, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Greetings movie goers

So have you seen the movie Bedtime Stories yet?

If you don't know what this movie is here is a quick overview.

Bedtime Stories is a family comedy about a hotel handyman (Adam Sandler) whose life changes when the lavish bedtime stories he tells his niece and nephew start to magically come true.

This movie is a bit slow at the start but starts picking up as the first bedtime story is told. Great fun for the kids and a good watch for the folks.

I does have some typical Adam Sandler moments in it but it seems like he was trying to break away from his usual sappy roles of a moron hero.

There were a few over the top moments but all in all I give "Bedtime Stories" 4 out of 5 stars. This is a great flick to watch with the kids.

So have you seen it yet?

2. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

Not yet but if it will keep the kids amused as well as myself it will be on the list of DVD's to get,it comes out here the end of the month so I will pick a copy up for the kids (me).

I like Sandler in most of his films, cant see why this would any different.

3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I saw it and I liked it. Wouldnt say I would have rushed to the theatres to see it, and glad I didnt for that matter. But either way, we rented it, watched it, and had a good time.

I would definitely recommend it as a light hearted family friendly comedy to someone who was interested and hadn't seen it yet.

the only thing I didnt care for... was the end. The Bugsy character was a crack up, I loved it... but a Bugsy female to have bugsy babies with? that was stretching it a little bit... but maybe thats just the grumpy old man coming out in me.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  4. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Sandler has been really hit or miss lately, well, throughout his whole career. Jaszi wants to see this, so we'll end up renting it soon. I have a feeling I won't hate it but won't love it either.

5. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I actually like it and that guinea pig was freaking great with his bug eyes and what he does throughout the movie.