• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bed bugs! New York's Ritz-Carlton hotel has some unexpected guests

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
One of New York's swankiest hotels, The Ritz-Carlton, has had some very unwelcome guests - bedbugs.
Hotel management confirmed it found the bedbugs in one of their rooms on Sunday following a complaint from a guest. Read More Here
As much as you have to pay for a night at this place you would expect it to be super clean. At least they took care of the problem immediately. I stayed at a motel one time, wasn't a cheap place either and when I walked across the carpet in my socks the bottom of them were brown instead of white. Has anyone had any bad experiences in a motel/hotel before?

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I've never had an experience so bad with a hotel that it had bed bugs in it! I did stay in a hotel in St Petersburg once where all the towels and linen smelt like cigarette smoke. That was really gross.

Wade8813

Registered Member
My hotel experiences have been good, although I wouldn't have necessarily noticed if it was slightly bad...

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I've been in a cheap hotel and I'm just glad I'm not the type to sleep for hours. It was really just a desperate stop over during a long drive from SF to LA.

That's bad publicity for Ritz especially from their clients who think it cannot happen to that hotel.