• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Beauty and the Beast (Live Action)

Shwa

V.I.P.

Designated to come out March of 2017, the live action adaptation of a Disney classic is finally ready to be debuted in theaters. Originally when I had saw posters for its production, I was skeptical of the whole thing. We've had remakes of Maleficent, Alice and Wonderland, The Jungle Book, and many more of our favorite Disney classic films. Some worth watching while others fell flat in the box office.

However, beyond the beautiful trailer and supported with an all star cast, I believe this live action film will live up to the magic of the original Disney movie.

What are your thoughts/expectations about this upcoming film?

~Shwa

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Is this like the others where they took out most of the songs or is it a full-fledged musical? I'd prefer the latter. Beauty and the Beast just wouldn't be the same without the music. It's a Broadway musical for crying out loud. #fingerscrossed

Shwa

V.I.P.
I believe this one would actually be a full fledged musical, I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be honestly. This is one of the premier Disney movies that the music was on point and very memorable. If this wasn't going to be one, I would be highly disappointed.

~Shwa

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Can't wait for it to be out in the theatres! Love the music, love the songs, love the story, and love the actress. Maybe they'll really make them sing - but I have a feeling it will be a non-singing movie unless I see a trailer with an excerpt of a song. Either way, it looks beautiful.‎

Konshentz

Konshentz
I've seen the trailer the last two times I've went to the theaters. It looks good. I loved the animated one. I will hopefully get to see this in theaters, but a rental at the very least.