• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Music Beatles vs Rolling Stones

Beatles vs Rolling Stone

• The Beatles

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Rolling Stone

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm going to do a few of these from week to week. I'm just picking two bands that have had world wide success and putting them against each other. You tell us who you prefer and why? Also, it would be nice if you named your favorite three songs from the band that you chose.

I'll start it off. I'm going with The Beatles. They don't have the tenure that the Rolling Stones have, but in my opinion they have better musicians and writers. The only had one weak link and that was Ringo Starr, that said, I think he\s better than what a lot of people give him credit for.

Three favorite songs from The Beatles are:

-Help
-Twist and Shout
-A Day in the Life

Sabby

Re: Beatles vs Rolling Stone

First of all its the Rolling Stones not Stone :p

To me the Beatles will always be better, they revolutionized the music industry and then went on to have remarkable solo careers. I truly believe that if they had never split they would be 10 X bigger than the stones. Heck even today, McCartney on his own is still a parallel draw to the entire Rolling Stones band. I love me some Stones too, but the Beatles get the nod from me. If the Beatles were the clean cut Brits than the Stones were the Spawn of Satan. The Beatles are a musical band, the Stones are Rockers.

Faves: Gimme Shelter, Anybody Seen My Baby, Ruby Tuesday, Can't Always Get What You Want

Day in the Life, Penny Lane, Back in the USSR, Day Tripper

But for both bands I could go on and on

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
lol Sabby. I'm glad you said it.

The Stones. I just think they had better songs and were more prolific than the Beatles.

willge87

Registered Member
I honestly find both bands to be overrated. I enjoy the Beatles transition era say 1965-1966 the Revolver and Rubber Soul era, but I find Sgt. Peppers and Let It Be to be a pile of rubbish! I honestly prefer The Rolling Stones.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Rolling Stones.

While it's true that The Beatles were the pioneers of Rock 'n' Roll, The Stones were easily the better band, especially the Brian Jones era. And even though I LOVE Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger has more charisma and stage presence in his little finger than all 4 Beatles. Oh, and Charlie Watts is the coolest man to walk this planet.

Sympathy for the Devil > A Hard Day's Night

BobbyD_29

I'm a huge Beatles fan...also love the Stones.

I think the Beatles paved the way for the Stones, The Who and countless other bands. They made those bands realize that they could make it by writing their own material, which was almost unheard of in the burgeoning rock & roll scene of early 60's Britain.

Before the Beatles came along, British bands were just doing covers of American songs.