• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Beatles Or Stones

Dabs

Registered Member
Who is your pick??
The Rolling Stones or The Beatles??
And why??

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Who is your pick??
The Rolling Stones or The Beatles??
And why??
Personally I don't see why just one...I just did a quick count up and I like exactly the same amount of songs from both (16 if you wondered)

The beatles suit my mood more when I'm chilled or sombre and the stones are grand for the times when I need something a little more heavier :)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to go with The Beatles on this one again, for some reason I don't really enjoy the Stones, actually I only really like one song from them and that's Gimme Shelter, other than that I think they are pretty bad. I think their really talented musicians and song composers but not really my style.

The Beatles on the other side are tremendous as I've said numerous times on these forums. Great talent, especially when it came to writing songs.

The Beatles for me, and it's not all that close.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I would say they are equally talented, but as far as their catalog I like the Stones better. Their early songs are bluesier than the Beatles' early songs, their songs from the late 60s and early 70s are groovier than the Beatles' songs from that era, and the continued to make great music for long long after the Beatles' broke up. They can make a song in just about any musical style and make it sound good (check out Far Away Eyes for their take on Honky Tonk, or Miss You for their take on Disco).

I don't dislike the Beatles at all; Abbey Road was the most frequently played album at my house when I was younger, and it's one of the most frequently played CDs in my car (at the Varmint's request) but the Stones have more songs that move me more deeply than the Beatles.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I like them both, but prefer the Stones a little more. Their style suits me a little better, and I like more of their songs.

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
Definitely prefer The Beatles. I have like nearly 100 The Beatles songs that I enjoy. I have one song by The Rolling Stones I enjoy - Paint It, Black. I just can't see the appeal in the rest of the songs from them I've heard other than maybe "Miss You" and "I Can't Get No Satisfaction" (is that the name?). Now I haven't really explored their library, but I guess I'm just not all of that interested, the majority of songs I've heard from them are annoying (that "Beast of Burden" song, that "You Can't Always Get What You Want" song, etc.)

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Well, i grew up on the Beatles so I really have to say them. The Stones never struck the same chord as the Fab 4.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Wow, I'm kinda surprised, Connor. Have you ever listened to Exile On Main Street? I think you'd really like the whole album.

Dabs

Registered Member
Even tho I asked the question, I would pick neither~
Honestly, I can't recall ever listening to the Beatles...seriously!
And as far as the Rolling Stones, the one real thing that sticks out, is Jagger's mouth!
But I do remember listening to some of the Stones' songs.
I'd rather listen to sumpin else than either of these, but it's great to see the Beatles have many fans *smiles*

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Wow, I'm kinda surprised, Connor. Have you ever listened to Exile On Main Street? I think you'd really like the whole album.
I've never really had as much of a sampling of the Stones as the Beatles. I mean, I've heard their big name Jumpin Jack Flash, Sympathy For the devil, GIve me Shelter, Honky Tonk Woman. But I've never had, like I said, as big a sampling. So I very well may not have heard their best stuff.

Different Blokes like different strokes I guess. :D