Bears thinking T.O.? Cutler mum.

BigBob

Registered Member
LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- If Jay Cutler's salivating at the thought of passing to Terrell Owens, he wasn't about to let the public in on it.

The Chicago Bears quarterback refused to say Wednesday whether he'd like the team to acquire the flashy and controversial receiver from Buffalo.

Asked what he would say if Bears management approached him about Owens, Cutler responded: "I don't think they're going to. I think they'll do that upstairs."

Asked if he's texted or tweeted Owens, Cutler simply said he doesn't know him.

The Bears (3-1) play at Atlanta (3-1) this weekend.
One, I don't believe anything Cutler says for some reason. "he doesn't know T.O." He's probably talked to him a lot and just doesn't want us to know. He's just missing Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal right now.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I don't believe him either. T.O. is a GREAT player with loads of talent, but he's not worth it. Chicago would be better served addressing any receiver concerns elsewhere.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Owens and Favre...Owens and Cutler...now that's interesting.

Owens and Edwards? Nobody gives a crap. In fact, nobody cares about Owens in general. He's old, over the hill, lost a step.

BigBob

Registered Member
You can never know though. The only reason the Vikings names came up because they say they're just one injury away from Berrian to having problems with the passing game and Owens could help out a lot.

I say do it! Cutler makes The Foop uneasy with no elite WR. TO has lost a step, but he's still miles ahead of anyone trying to catch Cutler's passes. I would've liked Braylon Edwards instead, but beggers can't be choosers. Haha.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If T.O had someone like Favre or Cutler throwing to him then he would put up better numbers. I don't understand how awful Edwards has been all year, he has two amazing targets to throw to and he can't make any completions. I really hope T.O gets traded from the Bills, especially to a team like the Bears who I already like a lot.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Lee Evans and T.O. are not amazing. Evans had 2 good seasons.

Good WRs find the way to get the ball to them. T.O. isn't in his prime anymore. He still is talented but I he needs to be on a team with an elite qb to produce.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
So does half of the good wide outs in the league Swift. Most great wide receivers are great and can create some plays on their own and make amazing catches, but they also need that good quarterback to throw them the ball. Put Moss with Edwards and I bet you he won't even be close to putting the numbers he's gotten in the past.