Bears name Orton opening day starter

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Bears name Orton opening day starter

Well this is surprising news, I really believed that Grossman would be named the started.

Personally I believe this is a mistake. Even though Grossman hasn't had a good NFL career thus far, and has thrown to many interceptions. I still believe he should start over Orton.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

The quarterback position is pretty much hopeless for the Bears. Just put Devin Hester at QB. Seriously.

Matriqulated likes this.
  3. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Quarterback troubles just like the Ravens. Thing is, at least the Bears had a better record last season.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

What is Kyle Orton's record as a starter and what's Rex Grossman?

I think this is the right move.

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I hope the Bears can draft an amazing quarterback in the next offseason. They need one badly.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

See when you have a good defense like the Bears does, you don't need an amazing Quarterback, you need someone that will make the right pass at the right time.

Just look back when the Ravens won the Super Bowl, they had Dilfer as there quarterback, by no means he's known as a good quarterback, but he got the job done when called upon. But like the Bears defense, the Ravens carried that team.

The Bears has already given a chance to Orton, and he's failed on many occasions. I think they should go with Grossman, but that's just my personal opinion.

7. Millz

I think the Dilfer comparison was a perfect comparison for the last three season with the Bears defense but not this year. They are going to need their QB to be a little better. Unfortunately they dont have any wide receivers either.

Kyle Orton was like 10-5 as a starter and won 8 games in a row. Grossman, on the other hand, has had many more chances and has failed more often then Orton IMO. Yeah, he got them to the Super Bowl but was the reason they lost that Super Bowl. And he was terrible last year. I'm not sold.

Honestly, I'm not sold on Orton either but I dont believe he's been given enough chances to succeed or fail like Rex has.

8. Doc

You need a game control quarterback like Rothelsberger or Hasselbeck if you plan on riding the defense to the Super Bowl. Grossman makes way too many mistakes.

9. Millz

Sure does.

He thinks he's got an awesome arm and airs it out on occasion but doesnt really know where its going. Sometimes he gets lucky but most of the time its a lame duck.

10. Doc

Grossman is Kyle Boller with a weaker arm.