• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bear Vasquez, the Double Rainbow Guy, Dies at 57

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.

Late last night, I was saddened to learn of the passing of Paul L Vasquez, a.k.a. the #DoubleRainbowGuy from YouTube or simply "Bear" to those who knew him.

I had the privilege of working with him and many other viral YouTubers in 2011 for a concept movie trailer I produced that attempted to explore the question "What if the Internet was a world of its own?" Obviously, the Double Rainbow Guy needed to be a part of this, so I reached out and the rest is history.

I'll always look back on our two-day film shoot as one of the most fun and unique groups of people I had the privilege of working with, and what a fun project it was. Thanks for being willing to fly out and be a part of it, Bear. And thanks for being willing to come to Comic-Con the next year to help with some PR. You added a real joy and energy to the project and it wouldn't have been the same without you. I know we weren't that close, but looking back to those two days, everyone on set had become family, and you will be missed.

My condolences go out to Bear's family and loved ones who knew him best. I pray that you will be able to find God's peace during this difficult time of mourning and loss.

Bear, I still think of you and quote your video whenever I see a double rainbow. 🌈🌈

dDave

V.I.P.
Met him in real life once (during Mirage's film shoot). The guy was super nice, I'll always remember that.

Sad that he passed away. He was far too young. I literally can't even look at a double rainbow without thinking of Bear.

I can't find any real info on how he died other than "difficulty breathing.", wonder if this is COVID related.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
@dDave, he went in to be tested for COVID a few days ago and posted about it on Facebook. He said he got his test results back and that he didn't have it. Said his heart was fine too, but that he had a "ticking timebomb" in his chest that "could go off at any moment." Then a few days later was in the ER and passed on. 😔🕯21EABCA4-D733-46E7-BDF1-AAA780D83BD0.png74044237-DB78-40FE-A118-1F370BE9B612.png