• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bear saves man

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Man Attacked by Mountain Lion, Saved by Bear

This man was lucky, the bear could of easily turned around and attacked him after that lion left. I go hiking a lot and there are bear and mountain lions here but I have never had an encounter with one. After reading this I will be more vigilant in the future.

I can't believe he didn't go to the doctor. I would of worried about rabies or infection. Would you have seen a doctor? Also if you had an encounter like this would you go back?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Personally I would probably go to the doctor to have the wounds looked after, but I can understand why he didn't. If the animal wasn't showing signs of having rabies then to me it just may be a wasted trip to the doctor to pay for.

And yeah, I would go back to the site. He could have visited it a hundred times before and never been attacked.

BigBob

Registered Member
I would go to the doctors if it was something that needed obvious help, like stitches or my arm is hanging off, but if I just had a couple of scratches or bites, I wouldn't worry about it.

It is pretty cool though that the Bear didn't turn on him.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I heard that that man had been going hiking in that area a lot and that bear had let him play with her cubs. So maybe she really was trying to protect him and just not her babies. Has anyone read anything about that?

Even though his bites weren't severe animals have a lot of bacteria in their mouths. That could of really caused him problems.