Beanie Wells leaves game with an injured foot.

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Vincent_Valentine, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

Source: Wells carted off field with leg injury - NCAA Football - Yahoo! Sports

Well, this sucks ass. At least he was walking under his own power later in the game.

EDIT: In the post game conference, Tressel said that there was no broken bones in Beanies foot, so it's not a broken bone. They still aren't sure what the issue is though as of yet.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I was pretty worried when he went down and had to be helped off the field and couldn't put any weight on his foot at all. X-rays were negative, so that's a good sign. Hopefully he'll be ready to go in two weeks for the USC game.

3. Vincent_Valentine

I'm really eager to find out just what kind of injury it is. All the analysts I've seen have been rather optimistic about it, pointing out that he was walking on his own and that he seemed downright cheery when he came back.

If he is out for the USC game it will suck, but all of the other backs seemed pretty damn good so I think they could soften the blow his absence would be.

4. Major

Herron, Saine, and Mo Wells are all very solid backs and more than capable of picking up the slack against USC. I'm just worried that Tressel might abandon the run if Beanie isn't full strength, and we all saw what happened when they abandoned the run in the last two national championship games.

5. Vincent_Valentine

My mom works for a publishing company that prints a "Buckeye Sports Bulletin" and she gets a copy before it hits the streets. In it there is a report that says Beanie apparently has a torn ligament in his big toe. I also just saw an interview with Tressel on ESPN and he said that Beanie looked to be in great condition.

Can't be sure just how serious this injury is, but I think it's safe to say that Beanie should probably sit out against OU.

6. Major

A torn ligament? Ouch. That's something that will require surgery. Hopefully he can play through the pain and get surgery after the season is over.

7. teron

teron Registered Member

Yeah, this kid played all last year on a bum ankle and a broken wrist.

I doubht that would stop him should it hold true. However the MRI came up clean, said there
    was no soft tissue damage. In the interview with Tressel, he relayed that Beanie told him he
    felt great.

I personally think he'll be ready for USC, and he just might get a couple carries vs OU

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

9. Vincent_Valentine

Not that surprising. It's not like OU is that big of a threat, and Herron, Saine, and Mo Wells did well enough against Youngstown that they should be able to get the job done.

I just hope Beanie is good for USC.

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.