Beanie Babie Misprints?

Discussion in 'Collector's Corner' started by OneBriteLady, Jul 7, 2005.

1. OneBriteLady

OneBriteLady Registered Member

Anyone notice that some of the tags on the Beanie Babies say "ORIGIINAL" instead of ORIGINAL? Is this a flaw worth anything?

2. Lorak27

Lorak27 Registered Member

I never noticed this. I'm not sure if there is any value there or not. Beanies have certainly taken a dive as far as their worth - they got greedy and made too many. The only people I've seen lately make any money are the guys that are destroying them in gruesome ways. There's gotta be a web site out there that could help you.

3. leopard22

leopard22 Registered Member

I know you asked this question a long time ago, but I hope you drop by sometime and see my reply .... 'cause I know the answer :)

Ever since the dawn of Beanie Babies time, there have been the occassional misprinted tag with the "original" misprinted. No, it doesn't add any value to the beanie. Usually tag problems aren't a value-added thing because it's easy to put a different tag on a beanie than the one it came with and by itself, the tag doesn't really matter.

And, as another person said, the values of beanies has really tanked so even if it had been something someone would pay more for in the old days, it would be difficult to sell it as an "extra" these days. Even the rarest of beanies ever are going for about 1/10 the price they used to, and anything other than the original ones up to Garcia probably, are worth nothing. You can't even give them away it seems, much less sell them.

BTW, anyone want a Peace Beanie Baby? I got a million of them ... all beautiful colors .... :)

4. Albey

Albey Registered Member

thats about the only one i have. Lol my ex bought it for me. (what am i gonna do it with it?)

5. leopard22

leopard22 Registered Member

Well, about all you can do with it is set up the old lava lamp, prop Peace up next to it, put on some Grateful Dead, make a batch of brownies and zone back to the late '60s. The more brownies you eat, the better Peace will look :nod:

Seriously, you could always set up an auction to save your Peace bear from destruction, with all kinds of photos of Peace in peril from your car, your chainsaw, etc. I've been thinking of something like that for some of my useless beanies (not my Peace bears though .... they're here to stay).