SEGA Bean Machine

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by dDave, Oct 20, 2007.

1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I remember playing this game quite a long time ago before I packed away my genesis. I really liked the game because it created a challenge that took some real skill to match up colors quickly. About 3 years ago it came out for Gamecube on the Sonic Mega Collection does anybody play this game?

2. Teorropy

Teorropy Registered User

Never heard of it sorry. Describe it better to me maybe.

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

well basically each player has one half of the screen so that their screen is at tall as the TV and as wide as aabout half the tv. you literally bring down colored beans and rotate them, just like in Tetris, and try and connect the beans by color, there are certain ways to stack the beans on your screen to make more than just one pair of beans pop when you pop a set. For every amount of beans that you pop in a chain reaction you send rocks, also called clear beans, over to your opponents side of the screen making it harder for the other player to pop their beans, the amount of rocks (clear beans) is exponential so that if you pop 4 in a sequence it would be way more than twice the amount of popping 2, the clear beans do not connect, the only way to get rid of them is to pop beans around them. the first player to completely stack their beans in the middle loses.

here are some screen shots of single player game play against robotniks robots, multi player is the same thing only there is not character in the middle and both screens are controlled by players. tell me if the links are broken.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2006/344/937251_200612011_screen002.jpg
    http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2006/344/937251_200612011_screen003.jpg

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  4. MegaMike

MegaMike Registered Member

My brother and I loved playing this game. I bought it in a collection with Sonic 1 and 2. He could pull off crazy combos, I could play at absurd speeds, so we both had our strengths. It was about the only game he would play with me (he's eight years older than me, so we didn't have a whole lot in common when I was a kid).