Beach strike shakes Hamas cease-fire (Seven Dead)

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Kazmarov, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Source

I find the attacking on the mortar sites in Gaza important given Israel's small size, but this mission obviously had particularly high civilian casualties. Do you support/agree with Israel's actions?

2. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

I do not support the killing of civilians in any cause. They have no part in the issue, and it is not their fault that they happened to be born on one side of a line or the other. I strongly hope Hamas keeps to the cease fire, and that Israel (while understandably still attacking due to the fact that other groups besides Hamas still are attacking them) will keep it's attacks to strictly militant targets.

3. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

There seem to be developments in Israel now:

CNN article on Hamas and Abbas

It seems that Hamas, while relatively peaceful as of late, are on the breaking point of starting another bloody conflict. This comes as Abbas is trying to get a referendum to establish the Palestinian state...even though it would in the process recognize Israel. Abbas's attempts towards peace and consensus may anger Hamas into choosing violence sooner than what was originally thought.