• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

BCS Standings released

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oklahoma, Oregon ahead of Boise St in BCS - College Football - Rivals.com

Lot of games left to go. It's hard for me to see anyone bumping Oklahoma and Oregon if they run the table, but you never know.

Boise State is probably screwed, unless everyone else in the top 10 flops.

Assuming reports were correct that Boise would have been number one followed by Oregon last week, it's remarkable that Oregon is now ahead. Boise State won 48-0 and the Ducks were idle.

Thoughts?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
If Auburn or LSU runs the table they will move into the top 2 regardless of teams above them losing.

Boise State/TCU/Utah are screwed unless all the major conference teams lose a game.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If Auburn or LSU runs the table they will move into the top 2 regardless of teams above them losing.

Boise State/TCU/Utah are screwed unless all the major conference teams lose a game.
If Auburn or LSU runs the table, they will be No. 1 in the country without question no matter what Oklahoma or Oregon do.

But both play each other this weekend. Both still have to play Alabama which won't be easy by any means.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Boise State, rightfully or wrongfully, are screwed. Same goes for Utah and TCU.

I agree with Echoes, I think if an SEC team runs the table, they are in automatically. I could easily see a 1 loss team that wins the SECCG get in the NC as well.

I think Oklahoma has a great chance to go all the way, but as much as I like Oregon, I think they will lose one conference game. They have to go to the Coliseum and if USC shows up in that game like they did Saturday, I think the Trojans can pull off an upset.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
If Boise State ever wants to be in the BCS Championship game they are just going to have to switch to a better conference or have a ridiculous non-conference schedule. The teams in the "power conferences" are just playing too much better competition. Fair or not, that's the way it is. I realize they are moving from the WAC to the Mountain West but that's not good enough either IMO. Utah is leaving to go to the Pac-10 anyways. Yes, TCU is there, San Diego State puts out good teams, etc but still, not a power conference.

I think it's fair they aren't 1 or 2. Oregon and Oklahoma and Auburn and LSU are just playing better teams. That's it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I agree. Moving to the Mountain West will improve their schedule even without Utah there. It will be better than the Big East, but the Big East is a joke and shouldn't even get an auto-BCS bid. I wish the Mountain West and WAC would take the best teams from each conference and form a new conference. There just aren't enough good teams to even do that though.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
I completely agree with Millz. I'd love to see Boise State there, but they need to be able to play a much better strength of schedule to get in.

As for this week, Auburn has vaulted up to #1 and Oregon is at #2 with the Broncos still at #3. Auburn, IMO, is playing like one of the best teams in the country and the Iron Bowl will be a great test to see if they are for real. I wonder if Auburn fans are still questioning the hiring of Gene Chizik?