BBC apologises over Brand prank

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by DinoFlintstone, Oct 27, 2008.

1. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

That's not on. It's not funny. This is harassing an old age pensioner, and by by doing it on air, it encouraging others to do the same. It's bullying.
    Brand and Ross are too big to fire, but in my eyes, that's just what should happen to them. If you read the article, it mentions one or two of Brands 'unfinest moments' but another that I remember is after a gig in Edinburgh, one of Brands team were back at Brands Edinburgh flat [with Brand himself] when he was accused of rape. Brand practically publicly asked what the big deal was? Of course he denied it on behalf of his friend, but he pretty-much made a joke of it.

What I find sad is when someone is famous, they seem to get away with being offencive, yet if they were not famous, and said these things in the streets or to someones face, then they'd get lynched, so why encourage it on the stage, T.V or Radio? My rule of thumb is, if I don't like them, I don't watch/listen to them, so I'm at least one spec of audience that boycotts the channel/station, and if many more specs so the same, then people will take notice.