• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bautista names his price; doesn’t intend to bargain with Blue Jays

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Bautista names his price; doesn't intend to bargain with Blue Jays - Sportsnet.ca

Good for him, he reupped at a very team-friendly price last time. He won't be easily replaced if he walks (and the bat flip was the greatest post-Carter moment in Jays history) , probably to the Red Sox to replace Ortiz!

Colby Rasmus is being paid more in Houston this season than Bautista. Pay the man, Rogers.

Report: Bautista wants 5 years, $30 million per...he ain't gonna get that here. Not sure any team would give him that at his age.

Sources: Bautista's demand is five years, $150M

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Be cool if he walked right over to the Giants. But I think they're full now.

He could walk right on over to the Mets. Not sure what's been going on with them.

Giants for next 2 years would make me really happy. Then get out and help out anybody but "The Evil Three" (as I'm calling them).

Meh... Toronto's cool if he stays. But then again, if he takes the less salary to give more room to pay other talent, he becomes a hero in the story instead of the guy who wants all the money. So it's kinda not fair. I just like what he's doing for the sport making moments acceptable again.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I'd be shocked if the Jays granted him that $150M for 5 years deal. Perhaps, I don't know.....$75M for 3 years, absolutely but I don't think any team will grant him that massive of a contract.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Bautista said to Shi Davidi that the report of him demanding that amount and those number of years is false. It’s really hard to gauge who’s telling the truth in this situation, but I’m leaning to believe Bautista over the unnamed sources that came out with five years, $150M. This should be an interesting on-going saga.

Last edited: