• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Battlestar Galactica

Thermal

Registered Member
Anyone watch the new 2-hour episode yesterday? The writers for this show is so good. This season, the story leaped forward an entire year, and just wow. The story is intense, its kind of like a good book where it just draws you in. Anyways, great show.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow, I saw this show a few times and it just didn't intrugue me. I guess there is a fine line between good sci-fi and mainstream sci-fi. I would probably like it but I hardly give sci-fi a chance unless it's a movie. I don't watch much sci-fi shows though.

Thermal

Registered Member
Yeah, I'm pretty much the same way when it comes to Sci-fi. I wasn't really interested in BSG, and didn't really get into it until the end of season 1. After season 1's finale, I've been hooked every since.

Last edited:

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
As for me I don't like it all that much. The original one was way better.
It seems more loke a scifi soap.
The Cylons are cool. But I still say the older ones were better.
All in all the show is ok.
The Doctor is way better!!!!:nod: :lol: :) :D

Thermal

Registered Member
:lol: I like Doctor Who, but its no way as good as Battlestar Galactica, and I couldn't stand the old version of BSG. I like the darker, more realistic theme of the new one. I don't know if I like Starbuck being a woman though, you lose the sense of friendship between the character and Apollo. Kind of like the relationship between Kirk and Spock, if Spock was remade as a woman.

Eilt_Druin

Registered Member
As for me I don't like it all that much. The original one was way better.
It seems more loke a scifi soap.
I agree, this new show is very much like a soap. I haven't been able to get into it. I wasn't a big fan of the original, but it was better than the new one.

I've heard that the show is going to end after the upcoming season.

DLFerguson

Registered Member
I gave up watching it after the second season. The characters and story are good but it's way too depressing to watch week after week. Who wants to keep watching a show that makes you want to go drink Drano just to get away from the grim depressiveness of it?

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi ya.

Well there has Finlay been a redeeming quality form the new Battlestar and it's called RAZOR! Kick ass ride. I just picked up the Unrated copy of it and WOW!
No wonder they had to cut out almost an hour of it to put it on SciFi.
So far the cancellation of the show is only a rumor at this time, but I think they will kill it off before they screw it all up.

But back to RAZOR, this one goes back to the first war with the classic Ceylon's and ships (love them). This one takes place when Adama is a pilot. I about fell out of my chair when the Ceylon's spoke. Sounds and looks just like the classic we all remember. Oh yeah the even have the Gold Cylon in it, no Lucifer drone though.

They explain the origins of the new Cylons..Well worth a watching. I keep catching other things each time i watch it.