PC Games Battlefield 2142

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Ds136, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Ds136

Ds136 Guest

Without a doubt the best Battlefield game in the series yet. The Titan game play mode is completely different than any other FPS multiplayer mode, and it is amazing. The graphics are nice and sleek, and with squads and commanders it offers completely different types of gameplay style.

Ds136 is my name if you'd like to add me sometime and play a game =)

2. patkick

patkick #21

I've read on a dutch gaming site that you get spyware if you install the game. Is that true?

What's that titan game play mode all about?

3. Ds136

Ds136 Guest

No you don't get spyware by installing it. Someone started a rumor about how EA browses your cookies to find common subjects and force those in the in game advertising bit they got going on.

The titan mode is basically you fight for control of missle silo's to bring down the enemy titan's shields. Once you bring the shields down you can either board the titan and destroy the reactor core or you can let the missle silo's destroy the titan. Its pretty intense.

4. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

I plan to never buy it. Battlefield 2 is a much better crafted game, and my conversations online with the beta testers found the game structure pretty useless in many regards, along with near-constant flaws and glitches.

The vehicles look poor, the maps seem to again favor the use of them...overall it looks a dismal reason to buy a new graphics card.

5. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

My roommate is actually playing the demo right now. It looks good, but he says it's kind of more complex but less rewarding of a game than battlefield 2. The titans are pretty cool, as are the drop pod things, but when snipers are using the support gun because all the guns zoom anyways and it has more shots than the sniper rifle... eh, the gameplay is a little off.

6. Ds136

Ds136 Guest

Near constant flaws and glitches are usually abundant when someone beta tests a game. I actually think this game is the most bug free game I've played from EA. Now that's not saying much, their are still bugs and glitches. I'd suggest trying out the demo for BF2142 atleast if you a fan of BF2.

Not sure what you mean the vehicles look poor, the whole game looks amazing with all settings on high. Even on low the game looks amazing. The maps are in favor of using vehicles in a way. I mean I hate using vehicles in FPS except for traveling and they are perfect for traveling, because the maps are huge. You don't necessarily need to use the vehicles though, you could run, or use the pod's on the titan to launch your self. Also the vehicles are far from invulnerable. There are numerous ways to take them out so thats not a big issue. You really shouldn't have to buy a new graphics card if you are able to run BF2.

7. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Um...you're completely wrong? The vehicles look dull and uninteresting, as do the maps. And the flaws that Senator and I describe never got fixed for Vietnam. It's a waste of money, especially when the expansions come out.

8. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

The vehicles are actually kind of cool... there's a mech and the aircarriers and the tanks and cars are decent too. The graphics really are nice although there's the occasional graphical glitch. I say... don't buy it... you can play it a lot on the demo anyways, no need to pay money for it.

9. Ds136

Ds136 Guest

My opinion is completely wrong? LOL ok...

The demo you can't really compare to the actual game because of the unlocks. In the full version of the game the unlocks really turn the game around the class roles become much more defined. Such as the sniper rifle upgrades actually has a really nice zoom, and they can get a cloaking device and such.

My opinion BF2142 is a more solid BF2. Vehicle controls are easier. Gameplay is rewarding. Commander and Squads add whole new level of gameplay, making the game easy to pick up and play, but hard to master. The maps are very unique and awesome in my opinion.

The demo is just the tip of the ice berg, the actual game is way more amazing with the unlocks and the different maps.

10. The website makes it seem like an interesting game, though I haven't played it. However, one disparity is that while the Pan-Asian Coalition should, ostensibly, have Asian influences (China, Japan, probably not India), it seems to be Russian leaning. I'm guessing Doragon, Nekomata, Bogatyr, and Yastreb are words that mean something in Russian, and the Romanovs were their royal family.

I'm downloading the demo right now, though I won't have time to play it for a while.

EDIT: For all members of AH.com, (Redem, The Abyss), don't you find it ironic that the Pan-Asian Coalition also has the same initials as the Pan-American Combine in the Mexican Intervention TL?