Battier for Swift andGay

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Fresh, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/gay_swift_release-060712.html

2. RajaB

RajaB Guest

houston got ripped off badly!!
    i dont know y they would do that trade, even gay for battier is a bad trade for houston in my opinion. adding swift was just stupid.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree with you i think the trade was stupid Hoston got a decent player in Battier, but, you lose a possbile All Star in Rudy Gay, I think Memphis won the trade hands down.

4. baltimore

baltimore Guest

Lol dumbness right here.
    Swift would have been better in bhis 2nd year i guess going back to memphis
    and gay was great but probably with tmac and head coming they didn't want him as sf/sg

5. kissingslits

kissingslits Guest

That was a dumb trade for houston but kind of smart also. Battier has already proven to be a quality player in the NBA while Gay hasn't played a second. Plus we all heard about his work ethic, I think he would have fit nice under JVG and TMac on his ass all the time but who knows.

6. Xero.Shab

Xero.Shab Guest

Yeah, I didnt like this trade as well. I wish they would have thought it out before they made it final. But hey, who knows, maybe this trade would work out great for both teams.

7. RajaB

RajaB Guest

i doubt it...trust me

8. Vinsane

Vinsane Guest

In my opinion, one of the largest mistakes that Houston did was...two players with potential, being wasted by Houston, it supplies of Memphis

9. Molina

Molina Guest

Swift is bad.

gay have a nice future, but I think houston want THIS 06-07 season, and they prefer trade him, Battier is a nice defender little underrated i think.

Go Rockets