• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Batman vs. Superman

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

Anyone seeing it on release night? This movie is going to be off the charts.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I doubt I'll see it on opening night, but I'm definitely going to see it. I still haven't seen Deadpool, so maybe I can make it a superhero double-header at some point? Haha.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
You need to see Deadpool immediately @Detrimental -- I think you'll love it.

I'm pumped for this movie. The day I set my avatar and sig to Superman they had a thing going about who would win on the movie's page, and really when it comes down to it I'm a bigger fan of Batman but I think Superman could take him out in a second if we're being real haha.

I'm more excited for Captain America: Civil War, but this movie is looking like it will be excellent. I think Affleck as Batman is going to be much better than a lot of people think. I already like Henry Cavill as Superman, and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman looks pretty epic as well.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I think out of 30 fan tweets regarding the movie, the only positive thing that was said about the flick was, Ben Aflleck really killed it as Batman. I don't really take any of those into consideration when watching a movie so I'm still looking forward to see it.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I think out of 30 fan tweets regarding the movie, the only positive thing that was said about the flick was, Ben Aflleck really killed it as Batman. I don't really take any of those into consideration when watching a movie so I'm still looking forward to see it.
That's what I keep seeing on Facebook as well. People have been shitting on this movie, but Affleck seems to be getting praised... which surprises me because I honestly didn't believe that anyone could out do Christian Bale as Batman... let alone Ben Affleck. Okay, well if we're gonna get technical then I always thought Michael Keaton was the better Batman and Bale was the better Bruce Wayne, but hey, whatever haha. Dan and I will probably go watch this sometime next week, but so far the reviews have been pretty brutal... my inner thief kinda wants to steal it off the internet. But I shall refrain. I never really had high hopes for this anyways. Plus, I'm more excited for the Suicide Squad.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Pet Peeve of mine: People relying on reviews from someone on whether to go see a movie or not.

Who cares if Batman vs. Superman is getting bad reviews. If you think the movie looks interesting, then go see the damn thing.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Saw the movie yesterday. The last hour was really exciting. Lots of action. Thought the actor who portrayed Lex Luthor did an amazing job. Also thought Wonder Woman was pretty badass. I haven’t read the comics, but I do think they crammed a lot in just one movie. Overall, I was pretty entertained.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
You need to see Deadpool immediately @Detrimental -- I think you'll love it.

I'm pumped for this movie. The day I set my avatar and sig to Superman they had a thing going about who would win on the movie's page, and really when it comes down to it I'm a bigger fan of Batman but I think Superman could take him out in a second if we're being real haha.

I'm more excited for Captain America: Civil War, but this movie is looking like it will be excellent. I think Affleck as Batman is going to be much better than a lot of people think. I already like Henry Cavill as Superman, and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman looks pretty epic as well.
I grew up a bigger DC fan than a Marvel fan, although I loved them both. I'm more excited for Civil War as well, however. I already have my tickets for opening night of Civil War. I haven't seen Batman v. Superman yet. I think most of it is because the Marvel movies have stuck to the comics better than DC has, PLUS I much prefer Christian Bale as Batman over Affleck. That said, I am seeing it this weekend and I do look forward to it. I hope it lives up the hype, but I have my doubts.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I grew up a bigger DC fan than a Marvel fan, although I loved them both. I'm more excited for Civil War as well, however. I already have my tickets for opening night of Civil War. I haven't seen Batman v. Superman yet. I think most of it is because the Marvel movies have stuck to the comics better than DC has, PLUS I much prefer Christian Bale as Batman over Affleck. That said, I am seeing it this weekend and I do look forward to it. I hope it lives up the hype, but I have my doubts.
I thought Ben Affleck did a pretty good portraying both Batman and Bruce Wayne, especially Master Wayne. You could tell he put in the work and I thought he delivered.