Batman is dead after 70 years

Do you believe Batman is really dead?

• Total voters

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm surprised nobody posted this.

Batman was killed off in the most recent Batman comic book #681.

He died in a helicopter crash.

So, do you think he is truly dead? It seems like a bad time to kill him off with the movies doing so well.. Plus he's Batman. He shouldn't get killed off ever.

Marvel Wins, Even in Death

Do you think he is truly dead? There are rumors that he survived the crash but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Otherwise Batman #681 would have been a really good one to buy.

Do you think he is truly dead? There are rumors that he survived the crash but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Rumors? wut.

The article flat out said
"He's not dead, though he'll definitely be gone for a while," DC Comics Executive Editor Dan DiDio told the New York Daily News recently. "Batman and (alter ego) Bruce Wayne have been here long before me and they'll be around long after me."

Eilt_Druin

Registered Member
It's been confirmed for months by the writer that Batman would not die. Worse yet, this issue being hailed as the death of Batman doesn't even touch on Bruce Wayne's "final" adventure, which is happening in another series called Final Crisis.

The helicopter crash itself might as well have been a joke. In comics, "dying in a helicopter crash" means "this character absolutely will return." DC even did the same thing with the Joker back in the 80s.

Bruce Wayne is apparently going into retirement for a while, with one of his former sidekicks taking over the Batman role. Which one has not yet been revealed. I look at this with a lot of skepticism, mainly because this story was already done about 15 years ago and not that great the first time around.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
If you read the other Bat comics you will find that this is how he gets his limp and creates the new bat suit to compensate for it as well as Ace. If they do it right it will pave the way to the Batman Beyond series.

There is two possible outcomes. One they kill him off to start another story line (just like Superman "Dooms Day")
Two they use this issue as a spring board to the "Batman Beyond" story line to tie them all together.

But this won't be the last of the Bat..You can count on it.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Bruce Wayne is apparently going into retirement for a while, with one of his former sidekicks taking over the Batman role. Which one has not yet been revealed. I look at this with a lot of skepticism, mainly because this story was already done about 15 years ago and not that great the first time around.
I vote Nightwing. I'd hate to see Azreal take up the suit again. I wasn't a huge fan of that story arc.

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I don't think he died, because I don't think people would allow him to be killed off for good. There will always be the come back lol