• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Batman Getting The Reboot Treatment

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I guess as long as there's money to be made with a franchise it will never be left as simply a "work of art". Warner Brothers has announced that Batman will be getting a reboot after "The Dark Knight Rises".

Warner Bros. to Reboot BATMAN after THE DARK KNIGHT RISES; Christopher Nolan to Remain on as Producer

I don't see how the reboot can be better than Nolan's trilogy. Personally I think reboots are justified when the originals were terrible, but seriously Nolan's Batman movies were easily the best Batman movies to date. I think they should let them fade into cinematic history a bit before essentially remaking them already.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I agree. Some movies only take a year or so to make, so it'd seem strange to reboot straight after a release; it's understandable with Spiderman since it's been a few years - but this seems odd.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I think in the wake of Nolan's trilogy (assuming the third isn't a total bomb which I doubt highly) rebooting the series that quickly is just asking for negative reviews. I mean, it would be hard to top Nolan in the 'gritty, realistic' style of the Dark Knight, which would mean it would require a new style. For fuck's sake if I have to sit through another two shit bombs like Batman Forever and Batman and Robin, I'm going to stab someone.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I guess as long as there's money to be made with a franchise it will never be left as simply a "work of art". Warner Brothers has announced that Batman will be getting a reboot after "The Dark Knight Rises".

Warner Bros. to Reboot BATMAN after THE DARK KNIGHT RISES; Christopher Nolan to Remain on as Producer

I don't see how the reboot can be better than Nolan's trilogy. Personally I think reboots are justified when the originals were terrible, but seriously Nolan's Batman movies were easily the best Batman movies to date. I think they should let them fade into cinematic history a bit before essentially remaking them already.
I do find this very strange indeed. To plan a reboot after such a successful sequel and before the final chapter of the trilogy just seems terrible timing. I can't say I'm surprised one was going to be made eventually but to be announcing it now? Bizarre.