Movies "Batman Begins" Review

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Merc, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

BATMAN BEGINS
    MOVIE OF THE YEAR (2005)
    Starring: Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, Katie Holmes, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman
    Rating: *****/*****
    Grade: Best Movie of 2005
    Recommendation: Buy it
    Directed by: Christopher Nolan
    Genre: Action/Drama
    Year: 2005

Chicago Tribune, Michael Wilmington
    "...one of the artier, more noir-drenched, psychologically tortured and memorable of all the recent big comic-book hero movies."

Boston Globe, Ty Burr
    "In Batman Begins, Christian Bale gives us the best Bruce Wayne that has ever graced the screen."

Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Eleanor Ringel Gillespie
    "This is the story of the Dark Knight, not the Caped Crusader."

Pros
    - Amazing musical score by Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard
    - Acting is great and believable
    - All-star roster of actors/actresses
    - Darkest Batman movie yet
    - Action sequences are well choreographed and performed
    - Plot is well done
    - Scenery is pure noir
    - Costume designs are amazing
    - Villains are almost as awesome as Batman himself

Cons
    - Bale is a bit laughable with Batman's voice
    - Possible plot corruption for next movie (who's the Joker?)
    - Batmobile is pretty dumb looking

Withot further ado, I bring to you my pick for movie of the year, 2005, Batman Begins.

Batman Begins (first known as Batman: Year One) details the very beginnings of Bruce Wayne, his dark history, and his rise to his realization of justice. Christian Bale plays Bruce Wayne, a billionare heir to his father's company in a dark metropolitan world who decides to lead a life of justice pursuing criminals and wrong-doers after his parents' tragic deaths.

Batman Begins is an amazing accomplishment in the Batman series by capturing the true darkness that is Batman himself. The first thing I want to mention is the music. The power of music in films is incredible and the score to this film is almost perfection. Hans Zimmer, the composer of Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest, The Rock, The Lion King, and many others, shows how good he really is with pure and potent sounds to fuel the early days of Bruce Wayne's crime fighting career.

The action sequences in the film are another high point. They're full of adrenaline, high-octane, hair raising moments and momentum and are well presented and spaced out. The car chase was a great scene and fueled by emotion and gasoline. The actual person-on-person fighting was great and realistic.

There is very little to be picky about with this film. The only parts that felt odd was Bale's voice when he was Batman and a plot point. Bale sounds like he's suffering from a life-threatening case of strep throat. Also, for those that have seen the 1989 Michael Keaton Batman, you'll notice a slight problem with the story line if it were to continue (think "Joker who?"). The newly designed Batmobile is also pretty stupid, considering how much ass the 1989 one kicked.

Overall, the feel of the movie is ghostly atmospheric and matches the tone of the movie perfectly. It is easily, if not the best, one of the best Batman films ever created now and will be very hard to match. If you haven't seen it, I highly suggest you stop reading and go buy it right now because it is worth every minute of it. This movie will raise the hair on your arms, draw tears from your eyes, and bleed adrenaline from your skin. It is one hell of a ride and a great flick over all which is why it receives my personal award for Movie of the Year 2005.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This is the best batman movie of all time it's just great, I think that Christian Bale did an awesome job as batman.  It as plenty of action, and the car and the new costume is just great, I love when he drives the bat mobile it's a great scene.

3. I really dont think anyone can top Jack Nicholsons performance of the Joker in the Tim Burton Batman movie.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

He was the best Batman villain ever.

5. Exactly, and the way Jack portraying the Joker is just beyond any of the other villians. Though I like Mark Hamills voice as the joker.

6. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Ya this movie was good about time lol. Ya the Joker is the best villain but they always make him look stupid.

7. He sure as hell didnt look stupid in Tim Burtons Batman.

8. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

Easily my favorite Batman movie. I loved everything about it.

9. From what I understand about the original comic book plot the Joker wasn't the one who killed Bruce Wayne's parents. I do like the way they handled the plot in the movie though. They saved the Batman movies from going to hell. lol This movie's great, but the first is still my favorite.

10. That is true, the Joker didnt kill Batman's parents in the comics, they just added it to the movie to make Batman hate him more basically.