• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Batman #1 on eBay

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's no way that will be shipped. It's too valuable to risk it. It's going to be worth more than it sells for anyway. Long term collectors value it will go much higher. It's priceless and to have it destroyed in shipping would be the worst day in that winners life, lol! I'd bet money on a local pickup.

Dragon

V.I.P.
And to think that he probably bought it for a buck or so when it came out. I remember when we were vacationing in Canada when I was around 8 and I bought some spiderman comic books. Vacation was over and I was upset that I left the comic books behind because I forgot it. I wonder how much they could of been worth now.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Action Comics #1 sold for near $200K a few years ago(I think thats right) That was the 1st appearance of Superman. Action Comics predated Batman by a few years. This auction is hot becuase:
#1)Batman is a lot cooler than Superman
and
#2)The restorations on this has been so minor it can barely be called restored. Most restoration jobs involve cleaning the pages, doing touch-up and piecing a book together. In most cases, you start with yellow pages that are torn and colored on and you end up with white pages. this thing starts with white pages. A CGC of 9.2 is just stunning.

This is not the 1st appearance of the Batman, but even so, there really is no telling what could happen with this one.

doubles2004

Registered Member
Wow thats all i can say .Other than i wish i had kept some comic books all these years

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi all. Actualy the comic just sold at sotherbies for $300,090.00. And that was 2 wks ago. I was the one who aprased the comic for them.
This one is like mine except mine is better condition.LOl . This seller won't get the full value on eBay.
His is worth atleast double the price now. I wouldn't sell that one for less than 300,000.00.
The scary thing is this isn't the most valueable Batman comic.The most expensive one is Batman #23 (missprint). If you have one of those you got a cool 500,000.00 or more. well gotta bounce............ :warp:

fairyquadmother

Registered Member
When I was a kid, we had a HUGE box of comics that we picked up someplace along the line. Probably an auction (my parents went there alot). I can still smell that box right now!! (weird) lol. We spent hours going through that box trying to find something we liked. I really just read the richie richs. LOL. I think there were some batman/superman comics in there, but I didn't read that type of comic cuz I thought they were boring. I think my parents may still have it. I know it disappeared and I think they took it to keep the kids out of them LOL.