• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Based on a true story

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
In your opinion, do you believe a movie is better when it's based on a real story or you don't real care either way?

For me, it seems that a lot of my favorite movies are based on a true story. For example, I'm a huge fan of Blood Diamond, and one of the reasons I like it is because it told us what is going on in Sierra Leone. Yes, a lot of these based on a true story movies are not always accurate, but some parts of it are.

Thoughts?

Bramaca

Registered Member
In general being based on a true story adds something to it although I think it can also take away from a movie if you know a fair amount about the subject. Argo was like that for me as well as some war movies. Being made by americans they play up the american involvement and downplay everyone else (or just write them out completely) which tends to piss me off.