• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Baseball playoffs should be abolished

JimColyer

Registered Member
There is no need for the ALDS, ALCS, NLDS and NLCS. They clutter baseball and cheapen the World Series. The World Series is no more than a postseason tournament. A team may finish 20 games in front in their league and not make it to the World Series. Another team may play under .500 ball during the season, get hot and win the World Series. It is screwed up. Let's go back to the way it was, the best team from the American League playing the best team from the National League in the World Series after a 162 game season.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
You seriously want to get rid of one of the most beloved parts of our national passtime?

While you're at it, let's take the apples out of apple pie.

You can apply that argument to any major sport. The series' are best of seven, which makes it completely fair to both sides. If you're good, you're going to be good.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
They very well may... however, tons of fans buy tickets to them, and they make lots of money. So, obviously the fans are enjoying it, and the league is making good money. I don't see why they would take them out.

qwerty98765

They very well may... however, tons of fans buy tickets to them, and they make lots of money. So, obviously the fans are enjoying it, and the league is making good money. I don't see why they would take them out.
You hit the nail on the head...MONEY. There is no way in this world that the LCS will be taken from MLB. It's even ludicrous to think that it would be. MLB makes too much money from LCS to get rid of them. And with players' salaries the way they are today, MLB HAS to keep them. The only way the LCS would ever be taken out would be if people quit watching, and we all know that won't happen any time too soon.