• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Baseball Playoffs official thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Now I know the matches aren't all determine yet, because the White Sox need to play another game against the Tigers. There currently trailing the Twins by 0.5.

But here are some of the current match ups

Dodgers vs Cubs
Phillies vs Brewers

Red Sox vs Angels
Rays vs ?

I'll be rooting for the Dodgers in the National League, and I'll be cheering for the Angels in the American League.

Once again it should be an exciting October of baseball playoffs.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'll be pulling for the Cubs. It'd be cool if the White Sox get in too. When was the last time both Chicago teams made the playoffs?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Echoes it's been a very long time since both the White Sox and the Cubs made the playoffs. The last time was in 1906, so a 102 years ago. They also met in the World Series in that year and the White Sox won the series 4-2.

The Dodgers vs The Cubs will be a great series, should be interesting to see how Manny Ramirez plays.

I'm really torn when it comes to who I'd want to see more in the playoffs the White Sox or the Twins, just because for the White Sox I really want Griffey to make the playoffs once again, and I love the Twins especially Morneau and Mauer.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'm excited for the Sox since they've destroyed the Angels in the playoffs in recent years which is always amusing since the Angels are arguably the best team in the MLB.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Angels were 8-1 against the Red Sox this season, should be interesting to see if this carries over in the playoffs. None the less it should be very exciting.

Also Jon Lester was named the starter for Game 1 since Beckett isnt ready to pitch yet. He'll pitch in the thrird game at home and Daisuke will pitched the second game of the series.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
. . and the Red Sox are 8-0 in the last 8 post season games against the Angels, which is why I said it would be interesting since the Sox always lose to them during regular seasons.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I don't care much how this goes down, since the Mariners and Braves are out of contention, and I don't have to cheer against the Yankees.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Then your not a baseball fan then, your just a fan of a few teams?

My Blue Jays haven't made the playoffs since 1993 and I've watched almost every series since then, because I just love the game. It's very competetive, and to me it's arguably the most exciting playoffs of any sports.

But that's just my personal opinion.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's what I hope happens...

Phils over Brewers
Dodgers over Cubs

Rays over Twins/White Sox
Angels over Red Sux

Dodgers over Phils
Rays over Angels

Rays over Dodgers

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
If the Cubs don't win the World Series I just hope the Red Sox don't. Other than that I don't care too much.